Cocks on clocks (Part the Second)

You alright mate? That’s pretty nice.

3 Likes

Why would anyone in their right mind want a beautifully-made, understatedly-classy wristwatch with a stunning in-house movement, when they can, you know…

Perceived status?

I can understand if you’ve wanted something since a young age. That will typically be something well known. Personally I like the less well known stuff. I can’t actually afford quality like that one so just have to keep having a look online.

3 Likes

:joy::joy:

Friend’s latest advert. Note suspicious slider on the LHS.

Yeah, not even going to make a joke about it.

1 Like

It’s a 3637 minute repeater

But it doesn’t look quite right …

1 Like

SAP7 they’ve some lovely Golexs in the hotel lobby here in Antalya. I’ll get you one for €300 plus commission.

1 Like

I suspect that he knows a bit more about watches than you.

Probably - but he’s selling a fake.

1 Like

fucks sake just buy a used one then.

I wanted one for my 50th got it last year 50% cash and 50% on 0% credit for a year. In the year since it’s gone up in price.

Wow.

Time-served watchmaker. 20 years as the sales director of a very high-end jeweller. ~15 years independent, regular six figure sales. He doubtless knows the provenance.

But internet guy knows better from a 500*500 screenshot from Insta.

2 Likes

You buy it. I wouldn’t.

I obviously can’t afford it.

But impugning someone’s reputation because your amateur opinion is as valid as his expertise is perfect 2022.

Whatever. There are shitloads of pictures of the 3637 online and they all have a different dial and hands to that one.

It was your initial post that said it was suspicious. Online evidence backs you up.

This thread is getting more MoFi butt-hurt by the minute.
I’m fucking loving it. :joy::joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

As in, oh my god this just went from being a simple -looking watch to testicle-shrinkingly expensive.

My favourite watch evah was something he had in as part of a consignment of mental stuff. AP, 37mm at a guess, titanium, purple dial and ostensibly time-only apart from that “suspicious” slider.

Absolutely no idea what it was, it may have been a one-off, but holy shit that really was perfect.

Now we’re talking.

1 Like

Not wishing to ‘pile-on’ but aside from the fact that incident vs. direct light is highlighting the guilloche patterns differently, I can see no meaningful differences in the two images.

Also, if you’re going to fake a watch, you’re going to fake one that’s easy - any kind of striking movement is going to be a huge PITA to fake - why would anyone do it, when they can sell squillions of simple 3-hand AP, PP and Rolex fakes instead?

This particular model of Classique manages to pull off three complications and yet remain visually uncluttered and rather elegant.

4 Likes