Cocks on clocks (Part the Second)

From that site, I would like this please

£12,250

4 Likes

or the Jubilee Portugieser, partly for sentimental reasons

£13,450

3 Likes

I like Ressance a lot, although can’t help but feel like they look like expensive Swatch watches.

I was considering that model, it’s really nice, more so than much of their more recent watches.

Evidence, if any were needed, that technical ability and taste don’t always go together

A snip at $18 million

1 Like

Not the cheapest available but probably one of the better options available in the UK as it has Tudor warranty running to 2025

1 Like

They have this

on the site, it says only sold in the German market but I bought one at Garrard in London in around 1990 but it was stolen when my house in France was burgled.
It was my favourite and despite it having been insured (and I bought a Ulysse Nardin Tellurium Joseph Kepler with the money) I still miss it, my favourite I ever owned.

6 Likes

That’s lovely - I think that one and the AL&S Saxonia Annual Calendar are the cleanest articulation of that style of watch - compared to say Patek and JLC’s, which look a lot more cluttered, especially with their date sub-dial. AL&S get around it by having the date in a separate window at the top - this AP may have the clearest actual date sub-dial.

I’d be interested to see what the mother-of-pearl dial looks like in the flesh too. I saw they also have a Lange 1 with that finish.

The UN you replaced it with is also a fantastic piece - would love to see one of those too!

Quite drawn to the BB ceramic with green strap (might be just

5 Likes

Nice combo :ok_hand:

I like that. But it’s a bit big.
I’m after a beach watch (hoping an Explorer will be a one watch, every day option) that adds a bit of colour and durability as a fun second.
I’m struggling to find inspiration. Is that a Tudor strap or an after market option?

1 Like

There’s a reason for that.

3 Likes

That looks the mutts. Well jel

1 Like

Now that, I like.

Who is it by? Has a touch of the Langes about it.

I was looking at the ceramic until the price went up £360. :frowning:

Ressence, Belgian.

Internally they’re quite unique.

1 Like

After market option - it is quite big but that’s OK for me.

Nice, but you can see the 1cm thickness just by looking at the strap.

1 Like

Thickness > Length :ok_hand:

2 Likes

It must be the movement or something because I just don’t get how the standard black bay and even the 58 are chunks compared to a standard sub. If the 58 was slimmer and didn’t have the awful faux rivets it’d be an absolute babe

2 Likes
1 Like