Cocks on clocks (Part the Second)

It’s fine more watches will be here soon :wink:

Quite adequate

13 Likes

Lovely watch. Looks almost gold coloured in that light.

1 Like

It’s the light but the matt bezel is lovely

:star_struck: Love it, but it’s too big for you - sell it to me :ok_hand:

I have a envy.

2 Likes

I’m not really a watch person ( and I definitely couldn’t afford most of the bling on here ) but this came up on my Facebook feed. A local secondhand shop , and this I really like. No idea if it’d look ridiculous on my skinny little wrist but I may check it out on my day off in the week.

6 Likes

Kermit The Frog Meme GIF by Identity

2 Likes

This is where it starts. This week it is a Seiko 5. That is how they lure you in.
Next week you will be touching yourself skimming through Chrono24 with your credit card out.
Whatever you do don’t ‘invest’ in a Rolex.

5 Likes

For that price you can get original 150m and 200m seiko divers on e bay. Keep a weather eye out for the refurbished and custom ones to ignore if you want an original.

1 Like

Ahh the good old Seiko 5, the gateway drug of horology. One minute you’re rolling a Seiko 5 joint, next week you’re jacking up on omega and snorting Ulysse Nardin. If you get as far as the Rolex suppositories, seek help.

2 Likes

I bought my first Rolex a few years ago. Now I have five. And two Breguets. :grimacing:

3 Likes

Best place for them :joy:

4 Likes
1 Like

The Deepsea Cameron is now only 2 grand between a dealer supplied and a flipped one. Oh dear, what a shame. At this rate it will be less than parity before i retire :slight_smile:

2 Likes

They’ve changed the nature of the business in the last year or so, got a bit greedy and damaged faith by making T&Cs and their escrow services more opaque.

ThiefBay introducing their (very sketchy) watch verification program hasn’t helped.

1 Like

I got this back from the repairers today. It took a while as it had to go back to Omega in Switzerland. My Mum gave this to me over 45 years ago. Nice to have it ticking again in my arm.

22 Likes

Absolute timewarp classic - love it :+1:

1 Like

And back to Omega it’s gone…

The chronograph seconds hand kept stopping at 57s, and just occasionally the whole watch stopped when using the chrono. Tapping the watch sometimes started it up but sometimes I had to press the start/stop pusher to get it going again.

Fair play to Omega, they said it’s covered under the previous repair warranty, they’ll give it another full service and they’ll prioritise it because it’s been so soon since the previous service.

1 Like

:crossed_fingers:

Sucks though.

1 Like

Yeah, must admit I’m a bit pissed off about it.

1 Like