Cocks on clocks (Part the Second)

Sadly Sold out.

3 Likes

But it is quite hilarious.

Not orange enough :-1:

uwotm8.jpg

Bit of a ā€˜memeā€™ brand Dave - you need to be on their mailing lists and order on the second of release or theyā€™re gone instantly, subsequently to reappear at a hefty markup on the usual sites.

Have a look at Credor if you want something Japanese, exclusive and beautifully made, though good luck finding a specific website - because typically for Seiko, they completely fail to market their most prestigious brandā€¦

1 Like

Some Credors are absolutely beautiful - and also some are Ā£Ā£Ā£Ā£Ā£Ā£Ā£Ā£Ā£ for a very unsuspecting looking watch

1 Like

Agreed - if you want a supremely elegant, restrained, and well-made dress watch, theyā€™re a good choice; but they seem to vary between borderline bland or hideously blinged-up gash. Theyā€™ve also MASSIVELY increased in price in the last few years as Seiko tries to push its entire catalogue uphill to parity with Omega and Rolex.

1 Like

Was going to post ā€˜not enuf Orinjā€™ but reality has bludgeoned my sarcasm. I bow my head and retreat to tend my wounds. Well played sir. Well played.

2 Likes

New!

(New to me - itā€™s about 25 years old)

12 Likes

Millenary - wow - Iā€™m not sure Iā€™ve ever seen a/the chrono version.

Congratulations. Although the 25 years makes me feel old.

New acquisitionā€¦

4 Likes

Saw this link elsewhere. Things of beauty

https://www.guidomocafico.com/work/movement/

5 Likes

https://blog.carbonfibergear.com/the-hublot-ferrari-tribute-watch-that-costs-more-than-a-ferrari/

The itch is starting up again and some awful horological nightmare is likely to come home with me soon. So in the modern spirit of oversharing every aspect of our banal lives here are some things Iā€™m looking at for you to comment on and rip the piss out of.

By far the most likely thing for me to spaff my money on, a Ulysse Nardin, marine torpilleur, the only choice is classic white or funky blue.

I like the john wick films and the Bucherer Manero Autodate is rather handsome and frankly pretty classic looking.

I was dropped on my head as a child and probably have brain damage thus the U-Boat Sommerso seems like a good idea.

A Laco Frankfurt GMT. A nice solid watch. Why do I want this?

A Breitling galactic Unitime. Only mildly batshit.

A vague idea of a panerai of some sort as Iā€™m a big ugly lump myself and can identify with them. No idea which one. I like the ones with power reserves but the price for those is a little spicy.

Some sort of integrated bracelet monstrosity, Cartier Santos extra fat, wempe ironwalker, Bvlgari octo solotempo, bellend Ross br05 or some such. I like the idea of one but they are all a bit cunty.

GS Snowflake because that dial.

Opinions?

Abuse?

1 Like

The UN, a marine watch with Roman numerals for those who captain their own destiny. No, get a fucking grip. Youā€™ll have to buy a canal barge and one of those ridiculous comodore hats to go with it, just donā€™t.

3 Likes

I thought that was Corum admiral watches with the little flags. Hmm another one to add to the list methinks.

Ta for the suggestion.

1 Like

Do it.

The Laco is a nice looking watch as well I think.

1 Like

Had a ā€œfuck it, knock 20% off street price and flog the lotā€ moment.

Fished out an old photo and started going ā€œnot that, not thatā€.

Mk XII, no, Iā€™d like to get that put right one day.

The Panerai is a one-off, but itā€™s all ancient history and I wouldnā€™t be entirely surprised if the guy who gave it to me wasnā€™t still with us, so, eh.

Boyā€™s Inge belongs to the wife

Seamaster was by Dadā€™s, so no.

The rest of it, feh, but I donā€™t think that the 90s are very trendy right now. If only Iā€™d known when they were flogging off those Roger Dubuis at 30% of retail in the early noughties :slightly_smiling_face:

edit: if I had to pick a great all-rounder from the box it would be the Doppel, but I doubt Iā€™d ever wear it again.

12 Likes

That VC is gorgeous

4 Likes