Cocks on clocks (Part the Second)

They wear smaller than you think.

1 Like

Iā€™ve had a quick dig in the Box Of Shame and found

ABP galuchat / shagreen / stingray, and a Greg Stevens basic calf strap.

Both obviously used.

Hit me up if youā€™d like either (please give Jon something).

Be aware that there are significant eco-issues around stingray. And before the villagers turn up with pitchforks: I didnā€™t buy it.

1 Like

A less closeup view which maybe shows itā€™s not that huge. Well in diameter itā€™s a thicc boi though.

Gyroscope, could I ask the lengths of the straps? As you can probably tell from the above I have wrists that rival most peoples ankles and find many straps either plain, donā€™t fit or are on the last hole with the end dangling.
Iā€™ve always admired stingray straps looks if not their sourcing hence never buying one so the opportunity to try one without contributing to that directly is attractive if itā€™ll fit me.
Let me know. :+1:

My 42mm one says helloā€¦

3 Likes

Stingray: 115/77mm, 3 holes, centre hole is 52mm from the tip of the blade
GSD: 130/85mm, 5 holes varying between 48 and 78mm from the tip of the blade

There are 40mm and (iirc) even 38mm options nowadays too.

Good to see thereā€™s awareness of this nowadays. And once the strap exists, itā€™s better to use it than waste it :+1:

Julian buying something that isnā€™t loathsome is the most upsetting thing Iā€™ve seen in a while mindā€¦

2 Likes

For the lady.

5 Likes

Well the wifeā€™s made me put it back in the box until my birthday on Friday, had to check it worked, thatā€™s my excuse anyway lolā€¦

Gyroscope, sadly, unless I lose a metric fuckton of weight the stingray probably wonā€™t fit, the GSD should do though so Iā€™ll pm you and we can work out details if thatā€™s ok?

Maureen, sorry to traumatise you so, Iā€™m sure normal service will be resumed, I still have to find something cheap and quarter proof to take on holiday, so if anyone has any suggestions for something that will survive a waterpark and make sodders puke his ring into orbit for around the Ā£100 mark theyā€™d be gratefully receivedā€¦

1 Like

Since when has Sodders been the arbiter of good taste? :grinning:

2 Likes

Indestructible. World time zones. Waterproof. Ā£103

2 Likes

Daytona with a clear caseback hmm

IWC new releases - boring & predictable
Tudor new releases - boring & predictable
Rolex new releases - boring & predictable

Iā€™m starting to detect a patternā€¦

Well, except for the clownshoes OP -

2 Likes

Two sizes of Explorer is a good idea.
Wish they would extend that the to oversized sports range.

The colourful dials are for those who already have too many and want some fun. Gash for any newcomer.

Rest is meh, but Iā€™d have the gold GMT in a heartbeat. But, cash reasons means NO. (Probably unwearable for the average man due to size and weight).

I do fancy that colourful dial! Must have a look next time Iā€™m in Heathrow.

1 Like

Does @Mrs_Maureen_OPinion work for Oris now?

7 Likes

Ha! Love it - like a green dial, and anything with Kermit on it is a win :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Came across Cuervo y Sobrinos recently a brand I had never heard of. Formed in Havana and now makes its watches in Switzerland. My initial interest was caused by this dual movement model. They do have more conventional offerings :grin:

1 Like

They appeared upthread somewhere. I always remember them coming in nice humidors.

1 Like

was sat in that very position drinking mohitos nearly 15 years ago :slight_smile: