Cocks on clocks (Part the Second)

Insane lottery win and I’m having one!

1 Like
1 Like

Comes in a number of colourways, Black, Yellow, Orange and Blue.
The shop is open this Sunday at 2.00

1 Like

You a rapper?

One of their best yet.

1 Like

I won’t be getting one as have my eyes on something else. Orange is my favourite colour but the yellow is looking good to me as well here.

2 Likes

New sensibly sized 41mm Fortis :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

Nice, blue, black or yellow. The coloured bezels on the others are too much for my taste.

However, their large dive watch is the one I’d want over these.

1 Like

Something for everyone I think, though we are both already not getting one haha

1 Like

I actually went to (try to) look at this today.

If you’re not familiar with the layout of Selfridges, some of the watch concessions are in separate “boutiques” around the edge of the main floor.

The security guy in the Chopard “boutique” may be more used to nightclub work or throwing prisoners out of the back of cargo planes, given that he turned around and squared up to me as I approached. Honestly, his body language couldn’t have screamed “FUCK OFF” any louder.

No sale there then, eh lads?

2 Likes

I guess you were profiled as a;

1. Time waster, or
  2. Poor, or
  3. Cunt.

Answers on a postcard.

The Bond Street boutique will be nicer.

I really like the LUC chopard stuff, had the date model with subsidiary seconds. Regret selling it.

3 Likes

I’m sure they would be, but fuck 'em now.

I honestly have zero appetite for businesses that expect me to beg to spend money.

5 Likes

Everyone’s trying to jump on the Rolex “treat-customers-like-scum-and-they’ll-love-you-for-it” bandwagon ATM. Trouble-is you can only get away with it when you spend as much on advertising as Rolex do, and have the super-brand cultural-awareness thing nailed-on.

wrong shoes?

I am surprised - I rolled up at the Breguet boquet on Bond Street a couple of years ago for a strap change and was treated like royalty, despite the scruffy t-shirt and jeans. This is for a second-hand watch I didn’t buy from them.

1 Like

Good video by Paul Thorpe on YouTube showing exactly this type of snobbiness

He has the biggest chip on his shoulder of anyone.
One shop in all of Bond St asked him not to photograph and he hasn’t shut up about it. Not much mention of all the ones who were quite happy about it.
Quite ironic that he made all his money on the grey market where he benefitted from the very situations he is complaining about.

1 Like

Avoid that man at all costs and his brother. His brother has served time for selling fake Rolex items and Paul is not someone I would ever deal with, no matter how many times he reinvents himself to look good.

3 Likes

Just watched ten seconds of one of his videos… Can’t say id buy a used jam pot from him.

3 Likes