Company cars

can you get a car allowance instead and lease something?

Will get my references in first and a start date sorted. Then ask about company car stuff. We have two other cars, so it is not much of a hassle to keep the mileage down on a company car and 15p is not the end of the world.

Where I work now we have a fuel card and log all our business miles. Personal mileage is paid at cost. So it pays not to be using expensive service stations.

That sounds sensible, you need to understand the deal. If you’re going to be paying a chunky benefit in kind, you need to understand the deal.

Thats put me right off.

Drove home in the Passat GTE.
Some of the plastics on the gearstick and steering wheel have sharp edges. But shit on a fairly expensive car.
It seems to want to follow all of the ruts in the road.
Large boot. Nice speed limit detection thing. Lane warning a pain. Reversing camera is nice. Still trying to get seating position right.
BMW sort of felt better.

Have you got the adaptive cruise control?

Dunno. Will have a look.

Will see if I can file down the sharp bits of plastic.
Will get used to it, Doesn’t feel as nice as the BMW. The speed limit recognition is a good thing though. Lane departure thing needs to get in a bin.

Lane Departure should be adjustable in Settings.

Switched it off.

Think it has the fancy adaptive cruise. Might leave it a while before using it.

Seating position getting better with a few adjustments.

Must read manual and see if I can change colours of stuff on satnav.

Sort of getting used to it.

Be lovely if it had a tow bar for the caravan.

1 Like

No Way What GIF by Hill's Pet Nutrition

Had a Tiguan as a rental for the last couple of weeks. Same touchscreen controls as the Passat. It just feels like a cheap money saving thing. I find proper buttons much easier to use. Especially when driving.
Will investigate if there is a voice control option.
I miss my i wheel thingy.

1 Like

Starting to get along with the Passat a bit more.
Touchscreen is still not my favourite.
Had an Audi Q2 as a rental last week and it didn’t feel any nicer. Bit cheaper in most places tbh. Had more knobs n buttons for control though.

Have been using the adaptive cruise more of late. I quite like it. Have it set to medium distance. I think this annoys her aggressive drivers a bit as I am not right up the aris of the car in front.
I get a monthly allowance for getting it cleaned. Which is nice.

Swapped the Passat for a Tiguan phev. Just as bland, but I like the higher seat and big sunroof. Boot is smaller and there is no wipe clean leather.

It is grey. It suits it.

I started to quite like the Tiguan. It was quite smooth and quiet.
Comfy enough. Not bad for doing work miles in.

Give it back tomorrow.

Got a week of using the Alfa or Santa Fe (depending on what wifey wants to drive to work in).

Then for 6 months I have Kia Niro 3 from a week on Monday. Could have had a Sportage, but the bik was around ÂŁ90 higher per month.
As long as the seat is comfy and there is a radio it will be alright for 6 months. Less if they figure out I am a bit of a dick.