Could use some upgrade advice

10 Likes

I do like them

But the novelty/ upgrade itch bites reasonably quickly after the proclamation of ‘end game’/ ‘last system I’ll ever need’ etc. Apparently.

Ascendo C8-C speakers with free brand new stands. Very musical and as new condition. Your wife will love these.

Ascendo C8 with stands. Nice.

1 Like

I hate you.:stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Oh. Did you assume I was talking about you? How awkward. Well it does sound like you doesn’t it, you little gear-whore :joy:

1 Like

I think he just hates stuff/people in general. Himself included. I don’t hate you btw. Hate is far too strong an emotion. I’m more meh than hate.

Very nice, if only there was a pair for sale :smile:

They are £3000. Collect.

1 Like

Takes one to know one.:roll_eyes:

Whatcha talking about - I’m cured :smile:

OK Stu - I give up. What are those visions of beauty? Ignorant arse that I am

https://www.avantgarde-acoustic.de/en/home-zero1.html

I ran a Rosewood on a very modded RB300 and it sounded a very good combo.

I’d buy that Koetsu Bob was saying just to scratch the itch

Suddenly, five grand doesn’t seem very much after all :slight_smile:

Now, if I had ten grand… I’d realise I really need fifteen.

1 Like

I have a rosewood just coming back from full inspection and cleaning at Goldring if interested ?

I’d love to own a Koetsu (the best cartridge I’ve had is an OC9), but I suspect I am not yet ready for that kind of expenditure. Was planning to upgrade the tonearm first.

That said, I wasn’t planning to buy a pair of Impulse H2s either, and that went surprisingly well.

I’ll drop you a PM.

Cheers

As previously mentioned, an Audio Note tonearm, Io cart (probably a 1) and a suitable step up will provide a very worthwhile improvement and is just about within your budget.

Forget the Koetsu - too woody/muddy.