Covfaffe - the road to despair, calling at futility and disappointment

A very fine grind. Now onto the induction hob and let’s see how this goes :grimacing:

Was a bit powdery (looks like gravy in that pic!) but actually the taste was quite nice. I like these beans. I tried to follow the below video to avoid over extraction:

Just looked at his video again and his coffee looks nowhere near as thick as mine lol. First attempt anyway.

2 Likes

I love a Greek/Turkish nes cafe.

I have a single and a double serve Brica. I believe the shape makes a difference.

Edit: that technique isn’t a million miles from traditional. I have never boiled three times.
Adding Ratio, weight, etc is trying to appeal to geeks.

1 Like

The pic of mine doesn’t really show the shape to be honest. I bought a cheap enamel pot that I could try out on my induction hob.

I’m getting some tips from a Lebanese friend and will try again. It tasted fine but just didn’t look very good. Didn’t have any froth. I think I took it off a bit quick as didn’t want to over extract.

3 Likes

Had a wonderful espresso @Wayward yesterday
@dom and Ritchie were faffing around for ages dialling in a new bag with the Niche but the end result was well worth waitng for

2 Likes

Was good fun, I do NEED an espresso machine now. Have much want

2 Likes

It was fun. Scary seeing how much was(nt) left in that bag this morning and that was the third I’ve been through in little over a week!

images (8) (7)
31b45a01-ab85-410d-9864-2bd28f4945e4_text

2 Likes

Won’t be long now …

1 Like

Anyone fancy some of that Kopi Lurwak stuff…

2 Likes

Looks like nut brittle… . :grinning:

1 Like

Beans in that make Lurwak, rest makes Lurpak.

1 Like

I have nothing but admiration for the first grower that faced this - to look at that and go ‘clean it up and charge the fuckers a premium’ shows serious business acumen :slight_smile:

Although, as with all things business, we’ve corrupted it and apparently the poor cats get force fed now :frowning:

Luckily for me I don’t like the fermented coffee taste (red wine-ish) you get with some beans , so these wouldn’t be to my taste in any case.

I think this might be necessary:

Pah
I use one of these :rofl: and I single dose it :man_facepalming:

2 Likes

Looks good.

1 Like

£80 used off FB marketplace, £50 for a set of new burrs. Its pretty old (the phone number on it doesn’t have a 5 digit dial code) but since it’s built to grind Kgs at a time (and it chews through them as I found when I was seasoning it) I reckon it’ll handle a few years of 18g at a time :smiley:

2 Likes

10 Best Coffee Grinders (2022): Conical Burr, Flat Burr, Manual, Blade | WIRED

Interesting they liked the Eureka Mignon Notte. The Atmos vacuum storage also looks neat.

Thought the Eureka Mignon grinders are supposed to be very good, I’m looking at getting the Specialita soon?

1 Like

But mercan site so largely irrelevant

“Best blade grinder”

1 Like

That sounds like a “best STD” award

2 Likes