Covfaffe - the road to despair, calling at futility and disappointment

This. But with Grind compostable pods. None of this Rombouts pour over nonsense. You need pressure. :+1:t3::+1:t3:

eastwood.gif

1 Like
1 Like

@Wayward which scales are you using now?
My Hario just turned off for the last time mid pour :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Edit:
Timemore Black Mirror Nano?

That’s what he has. Another option I’m looking at: https://www.shopcoffee.co.uk/product/barista-essentials/scales-timers/felicita-incline-coffee-scale-black-0-1g-2kg/
Or for more money: https://www.shopcoffee.co.uk/product/barista-essentials/scales-timers/felicita-arc-waterproof-coffee-scale/

1 Like

Currently I’m just going by eye :smiley:

:expressionless: you not even got kitchen scales?

Honestly if you aren’t doing espresso the Hario scales are decent and mine have lasted 3 years of daily use.

I’m just looking for scales to replace and cover for when I finally get an espresso machine too.

I want to cover all bases just in case too. My crap scales had the battery going and were showing double the amount on the readout but I keep forgetting to buy batteries and then the battery finally ran out a few days ago. I had seen that I’d usually be within a couple of grams when judging the bean weight so I’ve just been going by eye and don’t really care too much, all seems good. Will get some though for experimentation purposes.

1 Like

I really rate the scales I have from these guys:

I’ve got the 0.5g/4kg ones from memory. Granted I don’t use them for coffee, but one of the things that makes a big difference to me is the sample rate - it means if I’m weighing fluids it keeps up with the rate of flow etc.

Recommended by Heston, who I know people like to berate for the end results, but theirs no denying the precision he brings, and a lot of his requires a great deal of it. And scales don’t change the taste.

1 Like

Both too big for an espresso drip tray unfortunately and need the timer function.

So timer function
0.1g-2000g
11x11cm or less footprint
Really responsive and quick

If you can find all that for less than £80 I’m on it :+1:

Ah, not sure JScale do anything with a timer. How essential is having the timer incorporated into the scales vs next to them?

And is 2kg really required? I haven’t followed exactly what goes on the scales.

the one I linked to is what I use with a Sage Bambino machine and sits on the tray quite happily.

1 Like

Nice!

Going small to keep the options open for all types of machine. Those Amazon ones looks spot on, just I wonder how responsive they are. Will get a set and see :man_shrugging:

Edit: thought they were £16, bloody Amazon hiding the price at £64 and no reviews that I can find it’s a bit too much of a risk to take

I think I’m going to risk it.

Shows the price ok for me, bit more info on the US site.

It’s only been out for a month so reviews will be hard to find

I ordered one when I found it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Price wasn’t shown for me unless I pressed for options but it still looks a decent price and I like the look of it. We can both potentially throw our money away!

1 Like

fuck that I’m going to sing its praises and then sell it to Dom for £79.99

1 Like