Covfaffe - the road to despair, calling at futility and disappointment

Had a few Spanish coffees of various types - café solo (espresso), cortado etc. Snortingly strong and good.

1 Like

L likes a Cortado, they don’t quite have a similar thing here. A Caffè macchiato uses less milk.

The word Cortado comes from the word “cortar” or to cut (dilute) with milk. Macchiato is derived from the word which means “stained” or “marked” (with milk) which of means less milk that the cutting with a Costs to.

In Portugal they have a Galão which is similar in terms of coffee:milk proportions but has more volume. Bit like a Grande Cortado

I quite like a dash of milk in my espresso, which I suppose makes it a macchiato, but not foamed milk. I don’t like the flavour of foamed milk.

That’s closer to a cortado, I think. A macchiato is usually described as a bit of milk foam on top of an espresso.

Shouldn’t we have a separate thread for milk based drinks? Thought this one was about coffee?

One step from milkshakes I tells you.

4 Likes

Closer, but not the same - a cortado is normally still made with foamed milk and the proportion is about 60/40 coffee to milk. i only like…maybe 10% milk.

IME Cortado is more like 50:50, A Macchiato is more like 10%

A Cuntado is 99.99% coffee and one single drop of foamed donkey milk dispensed from a pipette.

1 Like

It called a coffee with milk

1 Like

Or a white Americano if you buy from Greggsies

I think I might pop into Starbucks when we get to Euston to test my branding suggestion and ask the assistant, for a long skinny Cuntado to check the reaction.

2 Likes

The usual your highness…

Surprised you can taste anything, the amount of bloody sugar you have in it!
:rofl:

2 Likes

Can I have recommendations for a grinder to use with a cafatiere/aeropress? Apologies if it has already been done further up the thread.

Knock

Feldgrind/Hausgrind are probably the best size for cafetier.

1 Like

That looks great, you even get a free lippy tamping mat :roll_eyes:

I gave away my last knock grinder - to much gaff and sat in the back of the cupboard.

hand operated (if you want to waste your time and pretend you are doing exercise at the same time) or powered if you want instant gratification.

budget?

Not for you sonny.
giphy%20(2)

2 Likes

Gave away!

I had to wait ages to get mine when they first started selling. :astonished:

yep - used it about twice, way too much effort.
Handgrinding is totally overrated hipster nonsense IMO.

1 Like

I have owned a Mazzer or two, Rancilio, and have settled on the Haus.
For two of is it saves space and there is no retention. Pain in the arse, but electrical would be overkill for what we use.