Covfaffe - the road to despair, calling at futility and disappointment

Caramel syrup and sprinkles.

1 Like

that is true - and the fact his chocolate shop is next door - helps.

I pondered trying it when I was there last. But my conversation about its flavour profile suggested I would not like it. It is roasted lighter than I would like, and the flavour profile is bright and citrussy. I treated it like buying wine, I wouldnā€™t buy a glass of wine when the advise was it may not suit your tastes.

The cold brew in there is like rocket fuel thoughā€¦

Not enough rounded mouth feel? :clown_face:

2 Likes

Donā€™t talk bollocks - you canā€™t get a fish supper in Cheshire for six quid!!! :laughing:

Small fish and small chips, like that would do for Bob :rofl:

Actually you can, 3 near me, one is Ā£5, one Ā£6.50 and one Ā£6.75.

God damn, now I want fish and chips.

1 Like

With peas and curry sauce.

1 Like

Curried battered fish!?! :grimacing:

1 Like

Not with fish. Pie yes.

1 Like

Yes with fish. :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Deviant. :slight_smile:

1 Like

some years ago I was working in Kolkata, and I just happened to be sitting in the hotel bar one lunch time - they had on the menu battered tandoori fish sandwiches with a side of chips and a dal. It was the finest fish, chips and ā€œpeasā€ Iā€™ve ever hadā€¦ā€¦.

3 Likes

They only have 8kg of the beans and no idea when they might get any more. They can probably charge whatever they think they can get away with and people will pay it.
When are you going to get another cup?

It sounded like that in the interview, but my conversations with Olivier suggested they had a supply chain, although it was difficult to enact. I was trying to buy a very small amount of green beans at cost from him.

I cry at Ā£2.50

1 Like

Was Alan not available for a chat?

1 Like

oh Alain? he was making my breakfast!

1 Like

4 Likes

Itā€™d take @Wayward three weeks to fill that.

5 Likes