Covfaffe - the road to despair, calling at futility and disappointment

One thing I do appreciate about the Aeropress vs the cafetiere is that I no longer end up with a load of coffee sludge in the bottom of my mug.

I have always wondered if the sludge over-extracts and just adds some stewed coffee flavour.

irritating coffee faff

If I get a Porlex, do I want a Mini or a Tall?

Iā€™ve got both, the big one is better if youā€™re grinding more than two shots. Also, not sure why but the big one is easier to turn - seems to require less effort.

Iā€™ll go large then, I think.

1 Like

I nearly did the same with my delonghi when I saw your post
ive resisted

for now

Iā€™ve asked for one for my biffday.

Iā€™ll stick my DeLonghi electric grinder on the tat bazaar when I get it.

1 Like

Might be worth keeping if you have to make coffee for a few people. Porlex is a ballache if you have to grind for more than a couple of people.

I get around this problem by only offering visitors instant coffee. And not having many visitors.

3 Likes

I feel the need to make an electric drill adaptor.

Make me one! Iā€™ve looked for the right pentagon thing and never found one!

Mine isnā€™t a pentagon thing because itā€™s new.

ā€¦if you served better coffeeā€¦:thinking:

2 Likes

Like I want to change it :rofl:

1 Like

Iā€™ll buy it for work

1 Like

Theyā€™ve gotten used used to a cafetiere now and I think it might be time to introduce freshly ground beans

If he served better coffee, twice a year a collection of right characters would turn up at his house and refuse to leave until they were fed, watered and pissed.

1 Like

Where did you get that idea? :thinking:

Iā€™m planning a bake off in October, but donā€™t expect coffee unless you grind it yourself!

1 Like