Covfaffe - the road to despair, calling at futility and disappointment

I have one of those machines. I agree that it’s OK - I have it set to ‘extra strong’ and have gradually adjusted the grind setting towards fine, though am planning to go all the way to finest.

Very convenient and makes a passable coffee. Had a Tassimo for a while, but the cost of the pods was prohibitive.

I’d be interested in going to the next level of coffee machine (whatever that is).

Many say the grinder is actually more important than the machine. Electric grinders tend to have excessive torque.

I prefer a hand grinder - I use a simple Porlex

2 Likes

A link to the Breville (Sage in UK)

http://www.sageappliances.co.uk/duotemp-pro-bes810bss.html

...I'll need to check

De’Longhi Magnifica Bean to Cup Espresso/Cappuccino Coffee Machine ESAM4200 - Silver

We have one of these and it is excellent, built in burr grinder, fill with water and beans, press button and get an excellent cup of coffee in seconds, so much better/easier than the Gaggia Classic that it replaced. £229 on Amazon ATM.

Will also brew from ground coffee if you wish to.

You probably mean the Speedster by Kees van der Westen. It’s just under 8k.

1 Like

Do I smell freshly roasted foo?

I’d rather have some speakers and a jar of instant for that money

Ours is much the same. It’s set to extra strong, with the grind is up as high as it will go before the machine refuses to work (about 7).

This produces a shot that’s a bit pissy, but passable. On the plus side it’s not a year old and it’s paid for itself twice over.

This, no milk or sugar, delicious.

Great value if you buy in bulk. Comes in vacuum sealed 1kg bags.

Forget that coffee shite…

1 Like

Sounds great, have you considered a career in marketing?

I’d probably come up with something like this, shortly before getting fired:

1 Like

I’m going to get beasted again for slagging off pods…

After spending loads on mazzers I realised that I prefer a vac pot, hausgrind hand held grinder, fresh roasted beans and three minutes.
I gave up chasing decent home espresso as it gets a bit silly.

I do own a hottop roaster which keeps me going, with green beans.

1 Like

I agree but prefer Chinese teas.

I prefer a hand grindr too.

5 Likes

The Sage plus a decent grinder should do you fine Bob :+1:

Just make sure the beans are fresh, and you make the coffee immediately after grinding…

1 Like

Threw some cash at one of these today…

3 Likes

Fuck. That’s now ruined me. Without any practice I made an espresso to match any I have tried this side of La Manche.
The only thing that stopped me from making my 4th in 2 hours was a G&T. Alcohol is soooo much better for me.

1 Like

Hand grinder + Aeropress for around £40 and it makes a bloody good coffee.

1 Like

What’s the machine Oz?

The one 3 posts before this one. Sage Duo-Temp Pro.