Covfaffe - the road to despair, calling at futility and disappointment

This so annoys me. Even many so-called flat whites are almost all milk - if a place does a cortado, you can guarantee this. It makes having a coffee in a new place bizarrely stressful.

1 Like

I think the British public would shit themselves if they were handed a milk-based drink in the proper ratio from a coffee chain.

It would probably be out of business in 3 months.

I love it when places give you a flat white in a cup that takes about 400ml

1 Like

Some beans arrived today

3 Likes

Coooolā€¦

Dry roasted peanuts?

3 Likes

Anyone tried deep frying the beans yet. Seems like an opportunity.

2 Likes

Iā€™m still pretty much in thrall to the Kalita Wave. Recently I discovered this recipe:http://www.georgehowellcoffee.com/brew-guide/kalita-185/ whilst looking for one that used around 25 grms. It seems to brew a more complex cup with the majority of coffees and really accentuates the brightness/acidity without losing any sweetness. It really suits a Columbian, washed of Departmentā€™s that I have got into recently.
Yesterday at work we deliberated over how it could be extrapolated to larger amounts, tried a brew of forty grams with ratios of water/time etcetera the same and it worked! I will try a fifty grm version over the weekend, which is a good serving for three.
The pulse pouring seems to result in less saturation/immersion early in the brew compared to a continuous pour.
The next controllable is water; word is the Waitrose essentials mineral water is very good for filter coffee and could be better than the Brita filtered that I am using presently. I shall report back with my findings. :grinning:

5 Likes

No idea what it means or what the implications are for taste but Iā€™m loving the thoroughness & obsession.

1 Like

Iā€™ll bring the gear to Lopwell with a range of coffees for a play. :+1:

5 Likes

Thatā€™s what I was hoping for,

I was thinking of having a watch

Like HiFi, itā€™s mainly about the poncing about rather than the end result. :rofl:

2 Likes

Remind me to bring the vac pot and technivorm to the northern bash.

Prefer their DJ sets to live shows, tbh.

5 Likes

Lots of similarities, the best equipment is Japanese too! :grin:

1 Like

Just made a batch of cold brew ready for the morning

Aeropress coffee, ice cream, milk. Blend, add ice. Win.

1 Like

Adam Iā€™ve been necking a similiar combo and when the wife isnā€™t looking a wee dram of voddy

Away on hols so had to buy some of this to tide me over.

https://www.unionroasted.com/bright-note.html

Result: meh.