Creationism

It would be a whole load of hot air to try and describe a totally unreasonable position.

It’s more a crude example of the slipperiness of religions in general - there is a sub-sect of every sub-sect’s sub-sect that chooses to abstract certain exceptionalist facets of doctrine to make its claim to authority over all of the others, and in a like-fashion, thoroughly indoctrinated Faith-sufferers have counters to all rational arguments. The most modern churches have stripped-away a lot of the Bronze-age mumbo-jumbo and rest on Faith alone - it serves them well, even if it’s a tacit-admission that the whole thing is imaginary.

I can see the need for religion in many personalities - it was always religion that was the opium of the masses, numbing and soothing in equal measure.

The more rational/non-Bronze age aspects of its moral codes were usually pretty positive, too - back when they were actually adhered-to.

1 Like

Look carefully and you’ll probably “find” some tooth-marks* from vegan T.-rex gnawing hungrily on it as they floundered in that ancient bog…

*definitely nothing to do with the saw slipping…

2 Likes

Quite. Often cherry picking shit ideas to justify shit opinions.

1 Like

I was tired, hadn’t slept. Was trying to explain the bell curve character of IQ showing the median was 50 % of the range, i.e. 100, but came out 50. My bad and it seems plenty of people here have taken some delight n pointing that out, so I’m done.

6 Likes

Fucking idiots.

Posts deleted. Stop acting like complete arseholes for a change, or you’ll get a ban.

7 Likes