Cricket, lovely cricket

Middle of January? :wink:

Oh dear.:pensive:

Improving now 230/4 :+1:

I’ve had an hour to kill sitting in the car waiting for a child-related thing. God bless long wave.

270/4 so if the new ball is not effective it is very much England’s day.

Got to stumps with no more wickets and Malan got his Century - well done that man.

Looks a very flat wicket and very hot bright conditions so hard to see us taking 20 Aussie wickets.

Mmmmm…

Oh dear :pensive:

Quite a collapse that. Over 400 is useful, but I wonder if it will be enough? At least the Strayans will be battling last which was always tricky at the WACA in the past.

They may not need to if they score 600+ and then skittle us.:tired_face:

I reckon a draw is the best we can hope for :crossed_fingers:

Overton crocked. Possibly very long day in the field tomorrow unless Moeen finds his Mojo.

They just need someone to bowl some ‘left arm occasionals’.:wink:

Interesting comment in one of the reports about today’s play about England’s position. The last match played at the WACA in November saw Western Australia declare on 514 for 7 against South Australia and lose in a four day game. England need lots of wickets tomorrow before lunch.

ftfy

fwiw there is some rain forecast Sunday/Monday.

Only once has a team scored 400+ in 1st innings and lost a test at the WACA

I still think we have a good chance.

Still 200 ahead, if we can get a couple of wickets before the new ball they will be under pressure, but Overton needs to be available to bowl

I agree, but a draw still leaves it 2-0 down with two to play. In order to win, early and regular wickets are required.

I think the most likely outcome is that we will fuck it up.

Yes. Even if we go into the second innings with a lead, we are certain to be all out for 63. Australia to win by at least 7 wickets.

Hahaha!