Cricket, lovely cricket (Part 1)

Same old, same old.:pensive:

Itā€™s a bit good this cricket.
One decent partnership v a bit more decent bowling.

I hope we can do it. Iā€™m at Trent Bridge for two days soon.

Hope itā€™s not days 4 and 5.:joy:

1 Like

This one has been amazing

Same old, same oldā€¦

Fantastic test match and a great victory.

All of the pessimists can fuck off now, except @unclepuncle - you can fuck off twice :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Hip hooray! First one to England.

YES!

But I was listening on my phone and read this before I heard the result ā€œliveā€

Brilliant result.

Great match, I hope the rest of the series is as breathless. The shorter forms of the game donā€™t get close to the excitement possible with test cricket. It Could be a ding-dong battle right to the end of the series. Virat Kohli is bloody marvellous, I donā€™t expect him to lie down anytime soon.

1 Like

All over before lunch on the 4th day - Meh, thatā€™s not proper test match cricket.:pensive: Boycott and Tavare would just be reaching their half centuries around now.:laughing:

Might as well make the remaining tests the best of 100 balls.:smiling_imp:

Same old, same old.

Your disappointment at not being able to moan about an England defeat is palpable, but as usual you found something else to whine about.

1 Like

Glad not to disappoint you. Misery is my raison dā€™etre.:+1:

3 Likes

You get plenty of practice in :grin:

3 Likes

Jimmy Anderson.

One fivefor to equal Botham. Sure heā€™ll go on for more.

Itā€™s a virtual certainty. Best weā€™ve ever had.

Hope we can build another swing/seamer of his calibre before his retirement.

Change-over to digital lifestyles leads to far less physical conditioning in youth.

Woakes bowled just as well, but Root only gave him a short spell, presumably to protect him as heā€™s just returned from injury.

Curran has the potential and with Woakes, Stokes (case pending) Wood and of course Broad we are still well placed for seamers who can cause havoc in English conditions.

1 Like

None of them are Jimmy though! It was mostly Rocky who complained that he was only good in English conditions (which isnā€™t true) .But he is also better in these conditions than anyone else ever and India just canā€™t play the moving ball at all. They are playing across the line and none of them are getting forward enough. Anderson is good enough to adjust his length to force them on the back foot anyway, before administering the coup de grace. Iā€™ll never get tired of watching him. His control over his extravagant movement is staggering and his nous, especially now he is older is just brilliant. Time and again he sets a batsman up, they know whatā€™s coming but they canā€™t stop it.

Heā€™s is 14 wickets away from Glenn McGrathā€™s all time seam bowlers record (which is amazing, yes, he is THAT good) and at this rate heā€™ll surpass it by the end of this tour. I donā€™t see him retiring yet, he loves it and is as fit as a flea!

3 Likes

I agree with every word of that.

Jimmy will surely become the most prolific seamer ever and that record will stand for an age, certainly beyond my lifetime. It may never be beaten.

I remember Rockyā€™s mumblings about Jimmy, it was bollocks then and itā€™s still bollocks now.

2 Likes

In such helpful conditions McGrath would have had them all out before the first rain break.:smiling_imp:

Malcolm Marshall was different gravy to both of them anyway.:pray:

2 Likes