Cricket, lovely cricket (Part 1)

What a game.

It was, and quite exciting at the end. The six run penalty really cost Somerset. It was nice to go to a match with my lad, even if I would rather see Essex. :blush:

Yes I watched the whole game on Sky. Agree, the 6 run penalty was the difference, which was a little harsh under the conditions. Great advert for the format. Games like that can only help to get people interested.

Is your son hooked yet?

Not sure, he really enjoyed it though. When we first arrived I said to him that because of our position (point/mid wicket) that we were very likely to get the ball coming in our direction and that when it comes it is going to be coming very fast, so watch the ball at all times. The first time it came it was unpredictably from a right hander, reverse sweeping it and he really middled the ball. It came at us flat and like a bullet, bounced just once 20 feet in front of us and smashed into the top of the advertising hoardings. I had stood up and shouted to Alex and had my hand out in front of his face but it happened so quickly and violently that he sat there for a couple of minutes, white as a sheet. :grin: I donā€™t think mum would have been too pleased if I had taken him home with missing teeth! :astonished:

5 Likes

2 Likes

Actually an Ice Hockey keeperā€™s helmet would be even better!

His head gear was somewhat less protective and by an order of magnitude more ridiculous!

I think it must be Kent Spitfires=flames shooting out of your head, or something, maybe.

2 Likes

Latest: Stokes definitely in team for tomorrow.

Curran the unlucky one.

Feel sorry for Curran, hopefully it doesnā€™t dent his confidence, he has made a promising start for England.

1 Like

Shame for Curran, what does he have to do ?Hope he doesnā€™t go out and get pissed and punch someoneā€¦ err hang on. :smiley:

1 Like

I couldnā€™t see Buttler being dropped.

1 Like

I canā€™t see his confidence being dented over being left out to make way for a player who would get into ANY international test team.

His time will come and Iā€™m sure he both knows and will have been told that.

Been reduced grubbing in M&S tonight and filled my boots with Picnic food for the cricket tomorrow.
Couscous, mozzarella and tomato, salad, cherry tomatoes, cakes, chicken, etc. All for a tenner. Hate to think what it should have cost. My lucky day it was the sides reduced as itā€™s nornally the mains.
I canā€™t wait to see what happens when Stokesey does anything. Not quite sure how the crown will play it.

2 Likes

Iā€™m not sure that her Madge is going, but enjoy it!

I think the crowd will support Stokes.

1 Like

Nope, not jealous. Not jealous at all.

Cunt.

1 Like

England in the field, letā€™s see if they can keep their boot on Indiaā€™s throat. Seamerā€™s wicket prepared it seemsā€¦

Hell yes !

6 Likes

Enjoy!

Wish I could be there, nothing quite like watching the first day of a test match.

1 Like

No extravagant movement yetā€¦