Cricket, lovely cricket (Part 1)

Seems like the thinking is that there is room for both but that it’s making Johnny uncomfortable. I thought he did a great job at fine leg! :grin:

I don’t think you can play 2 wicketkeepers Kev.

Fascinating read that. My colleague at work is 30 (and Strayan but won’t hold that against him), so born after that tour. I tell him about how great the West Indies were and he doesn’t miss them because their decline started about then and that makes me feel old.

2 Likes

Stats!

1 Like

Bairstow’s back in goal…

1 Like

When does this bleedin’ match start?

Why is A.I. so dumb, it can’t tell the difference between day and day/night?

Or, it transpires, between Thursday and Friday.

Imponderables…

from the post above yours!

1 Like

Nice touch…

3 Likes

Cook still in at lunch. Keep going Cookie

2 Likes

and fully deserved.

At tea too. 71 n.o. at the moment, I can hardly watch.

Fuck.

Good innings though.

1 Like

All 3 reviews used (and lost) today have been laughable.

Bumrah.

Well done Moeen for grinding out a 50.

He’s not a 3 though, not nearly.

Over to you, Sam.

Bugger

Trying to think of a short phrase to sum up today’s England performance.:zipper_mouth_face:

England’s play had a familiar, damp and rather fungal quality to it.

Say mould…say mould.

3 Likes

Had to go to Lerwick today, so only watched the last couple of hours then some highlights. The movement the Indian bowlers were getting was off the scale.

This is the best Indian seam attack I’ve ever seen and Jadeja (who should have been in their team from the start, but Kohli doesn’t like him) was impressive as a holding bowler. Even then, he chipped in with important wickets and he can bat too.

I’ll reserve judgement on the England batting performance until I see what India do in their first innings. As I’ve said before, you can’t make a judgement until both sides have batted on any given pitch.

However, just a couple of things in the meantime,

Cook was brilliant, glimpses of his obdurate best. Good luck in the second innings.

Moeen isn’t an international number 3, despite trying his heart out and deserving his 50, despite playing and missing more times than I can count. I love him as an all rounder, but his place is lower order where he can play his natural game. He hasn’t got the technique to bat that high.

Looking forward to tomorrow, rain permitting. Lots of cloud expected, so hopefully our bowlers can get the same movement.

1 Like

I only listened on the radio yesterday. It sounded like India were transformed after lunch and bowled a very good line and length. I think their attack have been let down a bit, they shouldn’t be on the losing side.

Yeah. Considering they always manage to develop great batsmen every few years, and usually have great spinners, seeing them have great seamers is kinda scary! I wonder if, in ten years or so, their continued development as a country combined with their population will mean that they simply leave the rest of the world (except Pakistan) behind.

1 Like