Cricket, lovely cricket (Part 1)

Well, if you could combine the batters that Ritchie mentioned some days ago - Sehwag, Ghambir, Dravid, Tendulkar, Laxman - with this attack, they would be on a different planet to the rest of the International teams.

Ok, it’s pure fantasy, but if they can get their batting sorted it will indeed be a scary prospect.

Prodigious movement again this morning. I bet Anderson, Broad & co can’t wait to get that ball in their hands.

Still, I expect they will be happy for these valuable runs to keep coming for now.

Kohli letting England get away again?

I’ve said it before, he’s not a good captain IMO. Follows the ball and too often gets annoyed with his players when things aren’t going his way.

Good runs these.

1 Like

Great morning for England so far.

1 Like

Every captain in World cricket, except Kohli it seems, knows that you pepper Broad with the short ball and throw in a few yorkers. Gets him nearly every time. He’s ‘in’ now, so might deal with it a bit better, but it’s a chance missed I reckon.

1st innings has been like a shit sandwich - great start, good finish with crap in the middle :smiley:

2 Likes

Well that was a surprising morning

Perfect analysis Jim. :rofl:

1 Like

I haven’t been able to watch it this morning, what with one thing and another. Beyond the Broad thing which is spot on, it’s when they have England’s tail at their mercy Kohli gets scrambled and can’t stop the single, especially with a left hand- right hand combination. You can see the pressure on his face. Root on the other hand has managed this part of the game very well and it also shows the relative strength of both team’s tails.

I think that the relative strengths of the captains, and the batting tail, have been key to the result in this series.

1 Like

Single again…

Wife filed for divorce has she.:rofl:

1 Like

That wicket was quite funny - I heard it (on radio) and immediately thought out. It took the commentators a few seconds to actually see it!

Come on Jimmy. Three more to become the highest ever wicket taker (apart from the 3 spinners)

Bowling beautifully.

Big wicket. England well on top now.

1 Like

Hope he can pass this in the test. Great opportunity to do it.

1 Like

Vihari looks well organised. Don’t know too much about him, but he has scored big runs in Indian domestic cricket (>5000 runs at nearly 60) and has a triple century to his name. Their middle order could have done with him earlier in the series.

We need to remove him and the dangerous Jadeja and get to their tail. It will not be easy, Jadeja will be wanting to prove a point.

Didn’t we have Vihari out for a duck but didn’t review ?

Yes, could prove costly. I called ‘out’ in real time and I was amazed they didn’t review.