Cricket, lovely cricket (Part 1)

Fascinating cricket.

Well set up for tomorrow. Cook still there and the lead is growing, I would imagine that they will want 350+ lead although I think 300 would be enough.

I agree, 250 would be the most entertaining though! :wink:

I think a lead of 275 by about 2:30 tomorrow afternoon would be nice. A carrot dangled and time squeezed a little. They’ll probably have more than that though by then, the way they are going. I hope they don’t go on too long. Maybe India will come back with the ball tomorrow morning, not out of the question in this series.

India batted very well. Jadeja should have been playing earlier in the series!
I thought England applied themselves and did well and India were very unlucky. I have never seen India with a pace attack of this quality. A bit more practice in English conditions and their opening bowlers would rival Broad and Anderson.

I’m actually nervous for Cook.

Everything crossed for him, can he provide the fairy tale ending to his test career.

1 Like

I really hope he can! :pray:

1 Like

I think they are going to bat India completely out of the game here because England don’t think they can survive in their second innings whatever the score.

1 Like

For me, that’s secondary. Only thing that matters right now is Cook.

If he gets there, I expect to see some fireworks after lunch.

1 Like

:+1:

Nnnnnervous nineties

:open_mouth:

How many sessions have there been in this series where no wickets have fallen?

Shush!

Shot!

YESSSSSS!!!

Roffle

I’ve genuinely got a tear in my eye.

Outstanding!

1 Like

Me too, amazing!

I’m just concerned that it’s obviously impossible to declare while he’s still in, so unless he gets outs sometime today the match might be drawn!

I don’t think Cook would mind if Root declared and he was 150 not out.

@Wayward fancy bunking off work and popping along tomorrow for a bit?

2 Likes