Cricket, lovely cricket (Part 1)

(I’d ask you as well, @pmac, but you’d presumably have to hire a private jet to get there on time!)

1 Like

I would LOVE that! Unfortunately I have the week from hell due to taking this Friday off for the Dales bash and tomorrow have a guy coming from Santiago just for tailoring (mad world). I think he arrives this afternoon, so can’t exactly cry off!

Tut, tut!

Well done, Root.

1 Like

What an amazing innings!

Well, farewell Mr Cook. Sadly, I doubt that I’ll live long enough to see your like in an England team again. A great career and one to be rightly proud of. How fitting to go out on such a high note, just incredible!

Thanks for the memories, I’ll never forget those magnificent innings down in Australia in the winter of 2010/11

7 innings
766 runs
average 127.66
3 centuries (one of them a double)
2 fifties

Only one word seems appropriate at the moment.

Legend.

5 Likes

I can’t believe he’s packing it in. :sob:

1 Like

Sad to see him go. Fair play to Vihari double wicket maiden (and a try for a hat-trick) for his first test wickts. A hat-trick would have been an amazing thing.

They’ve taken the new ball.

I reckon they might just regret that

I reckon they don’t really give much of a shit now!

Great innings from Cook and Root, superb to see them both on form

1 Like

Indeed. They look shattered.

Already got enough runs, just depends how long Root wants to torture the Indian team before putting them in.

I reckon he’ll bat for an hour after tea and then have an hour bowling at them.

Root is capable of overtaking Cookie. If he can start turning his fifties in to centuries then could get there in quicker time

Well he’s half way there. Will his body stand up to such a long career if he continues to play ODI’s? He does have well documented back problems.

They sure do :rofl:

Holy fuck!

1 Like

COME ON JIMMY!

1 Like

Just one more!

Fuckin’ HELL!

More wickets lost than runs scored!!?! I’m no cricket statistician, but that’s got to be unusual?

1 Like