Cricket, lovely cricket (Part 1)

Guess what I think of it up to now.:thinking::wink::stuck_out_tongue:

Maybe if they learn to play the bloody game they will be worth a punt. :grinning:

The 9/4 on the Windies at tea yesterday is now looking very generous.

Current odds:

Windies 2/5, England 7/2, Draw 12/1

Beautiful bowling from Broad.

Now, get on one of those amazing spellsā€¦

and, he is!

This might be my favourite cricket related tweet ever: https://twitter.com/TheMadKing19/status/1091388319433482245

3 Likes

Great tweet.

That ball hit a good length and crashed into off stump about a foot above the ground. All of the batsmen will have looked like that baby :grin:

Did this just happen? On a train into London!

Yes, Broad bowling to Chase. Batsman had no chance, none.

169-4 and Broad looking like he might get a wicket every ball.

Hmmm 20 odd runs away with 6 wickets in hand isnā€™t exactly adrift though!

Itā€™s still a tad better than 133-1

This is true. Hetmeyer dangerousā€¦

Rory Burns drops Hetmeyer at cover off Anderson. Hetmeyer then slashes for 4 to third man. Jimmy has a face like thunder.

Now he smashed Moeen over mid-wicket for 6 :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Now heā€™s out, great catch by Anderson (Moeen bowling)

1 Like

This is good!

Root has been poor in his field placings. No third slip (first second and fourth only) has leaked at least 12 runs and cost us a wicket.

Anderson takes a wicket, or at least the umpire gives it. Overturned on review and will do nothing to straighten Andersonā€™s face.

Keep it coming.

Itā€™s like when you canā€™t tune in but for five seconds you get the gist

Transporting me to BAOR days

234-5 the game (and the series) slipping away from England. New ball not doing much and Buttler dropped another one at slip.

Another unplayable ball from Broad and Dowrich goes for 31.

236-6

272-6 at the close. WI batted really well and had the luck when they needed it. Broad could have taken more wickets, he was our best bowler by far, and Moeen did a good job, not just of tying up an end, but taking 2 wickets too. England were also poor in the field, too many dropped chances.

The game may already be out of reach, it will take a huge batting performance by England to get something to bowl at in the fourth innings. 170 lead would be interesting, but weā€™re a long way off that as things stand.

Windies bossing things, again.

Update -

Pathetic.

Completely outplayed. Some of the shots our batsmen got out to were disgraceful.

Burns, Denly, Bairstow and Stokes dismissals were particularly annoying.

We will always be prone to this type of collapse until we sort out 2 reliable openers that can bat time and wear down the opposition attack.

I have no idea where theyā€™re going to come from.

Bunch of cunts.

1 Like