Cricket, lovely cricket (Part 1)

Useless fact of the day-

Sam Billings has just set a new record of 87 for the highest score by a No 6 in all IT20 games, beating Cameron White’s 85* back in 2010

Couldn’t get a pool table in the pub tonight, so we found a sofa and decided to watch the cricket instead. Not normally my game, but that England innings was entertaining at the end.

1 Like

Looking forward to seeing Rashid here. I reckon he’ll get some turn and will be a handful.

Decent start :smiley:

20-5 :rofl:

Now 35-8 hahahahahaha!!!

1 Like

It’s not always like this, is it?

No, but in T20 it can be :wink:

Are you enjoying it and will you watch it again?

It is enjoyable so far, but I would rather play pool.

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I is disappoint. :grin:

45 all out

At 39-4 England were in deep shit. How on earth they managed to win this game by 137 runs, I’ll never know.

Ok, it’s a T20 and weird things happen, but I’ve been watching the IPL since it was first televised and I don’t think I’ve ever seen such a comprehensive victory achieved from such a disastrous start.

Credit to England, very impressive.

1 Like

I would like the game to last longer as all nine of the pool tables are still occupied.

:beers:

The Windies have been bowled out for 45 that is the second lowest score in T20 international history after the Netherlands’ total of 39 all out against Sri Lanka in 2014. This is the fourth biggest win in T20 international history.

A few (utterly mental – and useless btw) facts

Chris Jordan: 2-0-6-4.

Shimron Hetmyer and Carlos Brathwaite were joint top-scorers for West Indies, with 10 runs each.

Sam Billings - 87 (47)
Joe Root - 55 (40)
Windies - 45/10 (11.5)

This is the first ever instance in T20I cricket of two players outscoring the opposition total in the same game

There have been a lot of records broken on this tour, but I’m not sure that any of them surpass those that have been posted in this game

2 Likes

Good start for England - wicket with first ball.:+1:

1 Like

and things have gone downhill for the Windies from there

That catch by Jordan. Just wow.

48-6

71 all out.

Have some of that!

In reply - 21-0 from 2 overs

1 Like

Slightly surprised it took us 10.3 overs to get the runs, but another hammering for WI. Keeping their ODI squad together for this series, instead of bringing in their best T20 players has backfired on them, massively.

1 Like
4 Likes

Recently got The Wit and Wisdom of TMS book as a present. It includes this absolute slice of genius.

8 Likes

Just ordered this :+1:

RCB team bus.

Got an Ashes ticket today! Oval 13th Sept. :grinning:

Have a horrible feeling England are going to choke in the World Cup and be dicey in the tests…

7 Likes