Cricket, lovely cricket (Part 1)

You may be late for the Yorkshire roast-off

Plunkett making a good case for Archer.
:cricket_bat_and_ball::moon_cake:

Watching the England v Pakistan T20.

Quality bowling from Archer - 3 overs, 2 wickets and a superb run out. His fielding has been superb too.

Almost making his selection in the WC squad irresistible. Heā€™s a class act.

2 Likes

So Pakistan score 358 and set England the fifth highest ODI chase ever.

Got them with six wickets to spare in the 44th over!

Remarkable

5 Likes

Iā€™d missed that; thatā€™s an insane performance.

I so fear them choking when it matters. :confounded:

2 Likes

Oh, well :smirk:

The County Ground is 5 minutes walk from my house. There were a lot of police around when I cycled home yesterday, and every pub had someone on the door. Is this normal for an international game?

Probably security worries because it was Pakistan, unfortunately. I doubt thereā€™d be that level of visible security if it were Australia we were playing.

Not sure that would require security on pubs for their fans.

No, but some nut job wearing an IED might want to blow themselves and a load of England fans enjoying a pint into bits.

I suspect there is a lot more risk from the Farragearistas inside the pub.

I tend to agree, but iirc there were threats against the England team and fans last time they toured Pakistan so itā€™s probably to do with that.

and no Butler!

Indeed, making it even more impressive. Also Rashid will be in the first team and either Wood or even possibly Archer.

Eoin Morgan: England captain banned for next ODI for slow over-rate - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/48283052

The cynic in me is wondering if he got this out of the way before the World Cup startsā€¦

:thinking:

1 Like

As usual, the Trent Bridge pitch is looking like a road. Should be some huge totals.

1 Like

:clown_face:

2 Likes

Oops