Cycling

Looks fast even standing still - always a good sign.

1 Like

Light, fast, Di2ā€¦and a sunny warm day in Feb. Doesnā€™t get much better than that :wink:

2 Likes

Great comeback. Have to feel for Vogel though.

2 Likes

First sportive of the year this Sunday.
Shutt Velo Rapide Cotswolds Cyclo - 102km and 4159ft of climbing.
Hoping the wind dies down a bit.

3 Likes

Sunday should be good. Wouldnā€™t go anywhere on a bike on Saturday.
Must get a sportive or summat booked. Need a target.

1 Like

Bastard headwind and terrible legs today made for a hard ride (fnarr fnarr)

6 Likes

Managed to miss a turn on the Cotswolds Sportive yesterday.
Resulted in an extra 8 miles and 1500ft of climbing. What a twat!

5 Likes

Nice. Whereā€™s that?

I want to get back into doing a decent amount of cycling, but itā€™s just not happening at the momentā€¦

Believe it or not itā€™s about 40 mins from my house - itā€™s the road up to the Clyde Murshiel Country Park near Lochwinnoch.

Itā€™s a good 3 mile climb normally but I was struggling yesterday with bad legs and a strong headwind no matter which direction I was heading.

No point forcing yourself out Neil if you canā€™t be arsed - once the weather picks up a bit you might feel like getting back in the saddle.

1 Like

2 x KOMs, not very fit and barely having to push on, something to be said for a Force 9 :grinning:

Your legs will thank you for it next weekend

1 Like

Itā€™s possible that the driver deserved it.
People sometimes behave like cunts when they drive, even when they donā€™t otherwise. The difference when itā€™s a cyclist on the receiving end of the distraction/speeding/aggression/couldnā€™t give a fuck/etc. instead of a car is that the cyclist dies.

I made no judgement either way.

Iā€™m sorry, I didnā€™t mean to imply that.
Itā€™s just that cycling to work most days I see in some drivers a level of indifference to the safety of other people (i.e. me) that makes me livid.

And yet you still feel the need to justify yourself.
Good for you.

1 Like

Some cyclists are cunts too.

Very clever drive/gear change

4 Likes

Amstell Gold, best finish to a bike race ever??

Looked all over with 35km to go, peleton no chanceā€¦

Skip through the interview and thereā€™s a replay of the final couple of KMā€™s (baring in mind theyā€™d done 265kmā€¦ not flatā€¦ to that point!)

Just awesome (cause heā€™s not even a roadie really)

It was a remarkable win Dan - how on earth they have the energy to sprint full tilt at the finish is mind-boggling.

Iā€™m looking forward to seeing how the rest of the season develops as there is a great batch of younger riders coming through.

Never mind the final sprint he pulled back over a minute pretty much on his own in the last 3km then went on to out sprint the hangers on (albeit JA & JF were playing with each other, MK & MS werenā€™t!) . Thatā€™s mind-boggling over 265km