Dadsnet advice - electric screwdrivers

I have had one of these for nearly 4 years now and I’ve used and abused it, a hell of a lot. Very reliable, powerful and completely fit for purpose.

1 Like

I have one of these

24V SDS Cordless drill. Superb piece of kit. Used it a lot when i was on the tools 20 years ago.
I should have sold it then as I can count the number of times I have used it since on one hand.
Far too big for most household jobs.

1 Like

I have the same thing.

It certainly beats a brace and bit.

I have a Streonzetto, he screws all the things up.

4 Likes
3 Likes

I’d have thought it would be an expert in Sticks Like Shit

What you need is a sonic screw driver :+1:

:wink:

Is it gas? :thinking:

1 Like

Yes. Your point :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

ftfy

:joy:

1 Like

Just buy a set of these

Electric screwdrivers are shit.

This is what you need.

hqdefault

6 Likes

use one of those ryobi for years and they are brilliant , just bought another

One of most prized possessions.

After FiL died this was offered to me as a “I don’t know if you …”

Gimme gimme gimme!

1 Like

Not if you had 500 screws to do like I did.

My old man was a chippie and I remember helping him lay a floor. It was an old fashioned floor, floor boards onto joists and for some reason all the floor boards were screwed into the joists with 2" slotted screws. (not nailed).
he had this huge Yankee screwdriver, over 2ft before it was extended iirc. I fucked it up quite superbly with the screws not being phillips as soon as I tried to really put some pressure on the Yankee the screw driver head would fly out of the slot, gouging the floor board or the joist. I ended up doing the labouring and watched him slam in screw after screw absolutely straight, I am not sure he would have been any quicker with an electric screwdriver.
I on the other hand never really mastered it.

Slotted screws are the work of the devil :rage:

3 Likes