Deep fat fryer, which fat/oil?

Dripping or peanut oil.

Total casualties were a slightly melted light lens in the cooker hood, a tea towel and some kfc style chicken.

I made them regularly when I worked in the pub. Definitely worth the faff, they absolutely shit on any other chips I’ve ever had. The only issue is that you really need a dedicated freezer because you don’t want to be warming your other frozen stuff up, and I was chiselling an inch or two of ice of the freezer walls every week

2 Likes

To some extents. Most agree trans-fats/ hydrogenated are bad (maan).

The biggest issue with fatty foods isn’t necessarily the amount of fat but the link to chronic and sustained overconsumption of total calories. So ideally you can eat high fat % foods but need to then trim your portion size to suit. This isn’t real world realistic though is it because its precisely this kind of high fat food which people tend to pig out on!

Then there are so called ‘good fats’ like avocado which is high in fat, calorie dense, but has been shown to reduce cholesterol.

The main problem is people being hell bent on eating themselves to death. The fact that their diets might be high in fat is purely incidental to the former.

Isn’t that pretty much wot I said? (but I didn’t wear the paint off my keyboard in the process :rofl:)

4 Likes

No

You probably did with your fat fingers

4 Likes

You gonna ban him @jim? Or shall I?

Sorry, your account got… err… fat fingered. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

Actually, they’re looking less fat these days and as I’m feeling generous, you can have the middle one :fu:

2 Likes

More surface area means less wear no? :grin:

Prolly all that exercise your fingers are getting googling that utter shite you then copy and paste into the ‘joke’ and other threads…

3 Likes

MCkHL

Find yourself a liposuction clinic

3 Likes

Claire has cancelled her girlie weekend, so the fryer is still in the boot of my car…

9 Likes

Woose :joy:

2 Likes

Groundnut nowt else

Just tell her about freezer chip faff?

Get 240V in your shed? Mega chips in exile.

“It is sunburn love. What do you mean the shed burned down? I’ve no idea how that might have happened”

@Rob998 on the phone home from the burns unit.

1 Like

A man’s shed is his highly combustible castle.

3 Likes

extension lead to middle of your living room, fuck the kitchen

2 Likes

No man. Extension to boot and run a drive through chippy.

2 Likes