Dentist

You expect me to be dead in my mid-50’s? :open_mouth:

I used to have a private Dentist who was a friend of a friend (The friend being the owner of a fetish clothing company) My thinking was that as a ‘Mate’ he might treat me with some preferential kindness and put up with my terror of the drill. The first time I went to see him he busied himself drilling away whilst telling me how much he enjoys being a voyeur. The next time he played black metal whist drilling. In a way I was distracted which may have been a good thing for triple root canal work but overall I felt out weirded to the point of overwhelm…This is a true story.

8 Likes

Doubt it, he would get more money for putting the loosened fillings back in.

1 Like

Get the NHS to drop a bridge in. By the time it needs replacing in 20 years or so you won’t be giving a shite anyway. Spend the £2700 change on a nice muffin.

One of my friends is a dentist and owns a practice. There is nothing on this earth that would convince me to either sit in a chair and let him go anywhere near my mouth, nor pay the sadistic money grabbing cunt for the privilege.

I’m afraid though implants are the only way to go long term, but you’ll need to shop around even in the UK as prices vary greatly.

Why does everyone expect me to be dead or senile in 20 years? :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve wondered whether I should shop around, but then I trust my current dentist to carry out the procedure well, so for the sake of a few hundred quid I’m not sure shopping around is worth it , given the time, effort and the unknown quantity of the alternative dentists…

I’ve got a missing tooth and was quoted £1500 for an implant, didn’t bother as it doesn’t hurt or affect eating.

My mother was a dentist. There is much truth in this thread. Avoid them like the plague.

FWIW, go for the implant now.

Had a friend of mine went to Hungary for implants at 1/3 of the cost of the cheapest in the UK. He was very happy with the results and service.