Design / Wayne's World

Someone’s knocking them out up there :grinning:

2 Likes

I love this thing. Great memories of the safe haven that was my Grandparent’s place. I remember it being so big, I had to climb onto it.

It is one of very few things I ever asked for. It’s fucked; the Tiger hides a ‘Temporary Repair’ but I don’t give a fuck. I also remember the matching sofa and armchair and it’s contrast with the textured pea- soup green carpet.

And you know what? I can taste the tea and biscuits that never altered in taste from the age of five to my late thirties.

Surely that’s what it’s all about? :thinking:

6 Likes

My Sony deck weighs well over 30kg and it’s not good for my back dead lifting it from the drawer under my bed where I’ve been storing it when I use my SP10. I had a bright idea today and bought this mid century trolley for a tenner. Now I have somewhere in the living room to leave the Sony. My back has thanked me several times already today. :grinning:

18 Likes

Fits in perfectly with the rest of the set up. What speakers are they?

Thanks. They’re Tannoy Monitor Gold 15s in tatty Lockwood cabinets.

1 Like

The Olivetti showroom in Paris, designed by Gae Aulenti in 1966/67

8 Likes

I need to do a bit more research but it look like they took design very seriously.

My mum used to go to the ideal home exhibition each year in the 70s
Warning. This clip contains gratuitous Hammond organ.

https://youtu.be/8rc65rijkqs

3 Likes

:heart_eyes:

You should go through them on YouTube,there is loads up.
Bastard Hammond organ man needs locking up in one of the lofts though.

Didn’t realise that the show is still going.
It’s on now but finishes today.

Maybe we could do an AA group visit next march,and just take over the barbecue garden area whilst lounging in deck chairs talking bollocks

2 Likes

And the bathroom is guaranteed to make even a hippy wash…:grin:

2 Likes

The Olivetti showroom on 5th Avenue had this relief installed in 1954.

6 Likes

Bit in the middle look like arse cheeks along with sitters meat and two veg. :blush:

2 Likes

I love Terrazzo Tiles and Worktops but just come across this wooden Terrazzo, interesting product!

3 Likes

The Kuba Komet (1957)

4 Likes

Waynesworld

5 Likes

:heart_eyes:

1 Like

3 Likes

I feel like I saw one of those in the Metropolitan museum a few years ago. Alongside this.

3 Likes

The Eames Plywood Elephant design (1945) - Eames Elephant, Eames Plywood Elephant - Eames.com

9 Likes