Design / Wayne's World

£10k for desk computer speakers.

I just bought this lovely little mid-century Swedish armchair. Awaiting delivery next week. I hope it’s as comfy as it is stylish.

17 Likes

Lovely, been keeping my eyes peeled for one of these for many years, no luck, well not at the sort of money I can afford.

3 Likes

Love mid century design. We have a pair of reproduction Hans Wegner GE290 armchairs…

A good match our Innovation Living Sofa Bed

5 Likes

Really nice! This is way out of my range but if I won the lotto it would be one of the first things I searched out.

5 Likes

Love it! A bit of Frank Lloyd Wright in that!
I really like sofas with wooden ‘wings’ to put your drink on…

5 Likes

Yep, and some beautiful joinery.

2 Likes

I just missed out on a lovely Greaves and Thomas armchair that came up for sale here in Glasgow. The one pictured below is currently on ebay.

5 Likes

Oh great, now I’m window shopping for a living room I’ve not moved into yet…

4 Likes

This guy makes lovely things, maybe something for your new place crimsondonkey.

3 Likes

I need to get this re upholstered, does anyone know a fair price? Ive only spoken to two local places and their prices seemed very high

3 Likes

By the time he’s paid for the renovation, they’ll be sitting on orange boxes, eating jam and bread :wink:

3 Likes

Just read a review. You need special “make ‘em work” upgrades pushing the cost to £14k. Oh, and for some reason the bass is crap.

He says the tuning plugs are particularly good as they make the bass less crap.

Bargain.

Careful guys Drew Pritchard will be along shortly!

The angular bulky stiffness kind of makes me tense up - Gluttony should be a relaxed affair.

Bacchus knew his business

2 Likes

I like a few of the pieces at Blackwell House, especially this

Not sure if a fireplace counts as a piece, bet there are a few at Blackwell of this type, with the space defined by seating and windows

A David Savage chair, yes please

3 Likes

So much form over function.
Most of these look viciously uncomfortable or torture to lever my 6’2" 150kg bulk out of as my knees would be level with my chin. Then there’s the loose cushions, a pet peeve of mine, move slightly they will explode out of place.
If a designer is designing a chair then I need to be able to sit in it, be comfortable while there and be able to get out of it without rupturing something or destroying the aesthetic.

2 Likes

IKEA for you then, it’s the Bauhaus wet dream writ large.

I reckon the best way to avoid this is to keep yourself well away from any designer furniture