Devialet phantom

is that the Sky one, that Devialet are making? Huge discounts for Sky Customers I believe

Will the sky thing be as overpriced and fugly as the phantoms?

Iā€™d go for the Sonos, decent looking and not made by Devialet.

looks like a normal soundbar

https://images.cdn.whathifi.com/sites/whathifi.com/files/styles/big-image/public/brands/Sky/sky_devialet.jpg?itok=fK4YT9oB

ā€œThe speaker, which will go on sale for Ā£799 to non-Sky subscribers, costs just Ā£249 for current and new Sky Q multiscreen customers, and Ā£299 for all other Sky TV or Sky Broadband and Talk customers when it becomes available,ā€

I just got a small pair of active speakers from Richer sounds. They do the job very well and much better than the soundbars I tried.

4 Likes

Canā€™t you just turn the other system up loud so you can hear it?

I bought a Panasonic TV so donā€™t need a sound bar.

Just get a Kef 200 reference centre speaker and a small intergrated amp with tone controls, same damn thing.

Get a Sony A1-series Bravia 4K OLED TV.

New TV, (possibly) bigger screen, better picture, and sound through the screen so no speakers required.

Probably more expensive than the Devialets, to be fairā€¦

My interest in the Phantoms died when I learnt they canā€™t be fixed. If they get past the warranty youā€™re on your own. Consider how much electronics are crammed into that hostile environmentā€¦

Hiya Rick - good to see you back! :smiley:

Hi Jim, thanks :slight_smile: Hope youā€™re well!

1 Like

That is rather surprising, unless they offer long warranties and exceptional trade in for the newer model.

Yeah, I hadnā€™t considered that as a problem until someone else pointed it out.

If they canā€™t be bothered to fix the Phantoms due to all the tech crammed in, are they going to be bothered/able to fix the hifi models they make?

I would suspect the bathroom scales are the same. Will be interesting once the warranty runs out.

A post was merged into an existing topic: If a cat has 9 lives

The other amps are easily repairable and both hardware and software updatable. Mine are in France having a (free) hardware update at the moment.
OTOH I didnā€™t know they didnā€™t repair Phantoms, mine are well out of warranty.
I have heard stories about them not being able to open them once sealed - which may be true, we had that problem with our first carbon F1 chassis mould, but the engineer I met who works there told me the sequence to strip one is not obvious.
They have to be sealed so the DSP bass works as deep as it does from a small cabinet.

2 Likes

They arenā€™t that bad to open if you have the tools and technique. All you need is a high building and a hard pavement.

4 Likes

or the Phantom cracker over in the tools thread

2 Likes