Diagnosed Parkinson’s Anyone?

Best wishes Micky

1 Like

Sorry to hear that Micky, glad you are staying positive and getting on with life. No way is your license to cook breakfast being revoked. See you in the pinny at Lopwell.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing Mickey - it really is good to share - be it good, bad or grim. Sorry that it’s not great news, but I’m hoping that the disease progresses very slowly, and the new treatments progress very fast for you. See you at Lopwell!

1 Like

The take each day as it comes, live for the day attitude you’ve got here Mickey is inspiring and the healthiest view. A friend in the US who was diagnosed 5 years ago went on quite the roller coaster to arrive at this same perspective. He still plays his records now after getting into medical cannabis which worked amazingly for the tremors he had been experiencing (He said they weren’t painful but fucking frustrating) It turns out cannabis stopped the tremors and, he said with marked joy, his collection sounds better!

10 Likes

Sorry to hear your news Micky. Life can be a cunt sometimes but it sounds like you’ve got your head right and that’s a credit to you.

1 Like

@Mickyricky Great to catch up just now mate and hear you so positive :metal:.

1 Like

Unbelievably positive response from you. Keep it up as it helps. Parkinson’s nurses are a godsend of information.
My mate , one of the Three Musketeers as we were known, developed it. I first noticed one New Year when his serving at Dinner was not his usual so I said nothing and started subtly assisting. That went on for years gradually increasing the assistance on social occasions before they made a formal announcement.
He had many good years due to the medication so stay positive. :+1:

1 Like

Good to hear you have lots of support and the positive outlook Micky!

1 Like

Great to hear you have a positive mindset / attitude about this Micky. It is not an easy thing to announce it to everyone. I admire you courage to do this mate, not everyone would or could.

Keep it up Micky, I’m sure I’ll meet up with you soon at some bake-off somewhere :+1:

1 Like

Best wishes. Mickey, hope the drug regimen works out. Your positivity does you real credit & is a great source of strength.

2 Likes

Sorry to hear about you diagnosis Mickey but you’re an inspiration to us all. Best wishes.

2 Likes

My dad had it. His progressed very slowly. The tablet that stops you shaking dulls your reactions, and can make you topple over, so getting the balance right is key.

1 Like

Sorry to hear your news Micky, my Grandfather had it and the drugs controlled it well for many years and that was quite some time ago. Your positive outlook is admirable.

1 Like

Thanks Guys ! The support from you lot is much appreciated …I read everything that you posted …It’s very comforting to know that so many people care to post such lovely words .Your words are special medicine to me Cheers ! In fact those going to Lopwell you’re in for a treat when I dish out the baked beans onto your breakfast plate ,I’m going to give you an extra one !:joy: Bestest Micky

21 Likes

Be careful with those beans Micky, remember a extra bean means another fart for everyone. :rofl:

1 Like

My dad kept swimming every day, for maybe 15 years, after his diagnosis.

1 Like

I’m really sorry to hear this Micky - My family suffers from different types of dementia but none Parkinson’s. Good to see you are getting decent support now. Best wishes Andy

1 Like

I’ve doubled the amount of tin’s on my list!

1 Like

:grimacing::grimacing:

1 Like

It was one extra tin. That was all…

2 Likes