Diet and Fitness

That’s where the HRV monitoring comes in useful, objective evidence as to whether and how hard you should train.

Hang on… :stuck_out_tongue: :wink:

Have you been trying the HRV monitoring?

Well, after some drunken advice and a weekend of excess my diet has commenced. Six months and four stone to go if I want a fair to medium chance of living more than five years. That kind of stark advice certainly focuses the mind. This morning was scrambled eggs and salmon, veg soup and a small tuna roll with salad for lunch and tonight will be a shit ton of veg, stir fried with hardly a touch of oil. So far no snacking and not feeling hungry.

9 Likes

Good man Bob :+1:.

VB

All power to you Bob :+1:

Looks like you’re sensibly going for lots of protein, especially early on, and tapering your calories down as the day goes on - this will work, short and long term.

If you can, add some walking to your daily routine, it’ll help in a number of ways.

You’ll be a beefcake in no time :slightly_smiling_face:

How come no-one tried to advise me? Wasn’t I drunk enough? :worried:

1 Like

I’ve administered advice to you on many previous occasions Jim - just stop trying to eat yourself to death :grinning:.

If you won’t heed the advice about socks and sandals then I can’t see you wanted to do more difficult things like eating differently. It’s the pigs revenge.

I need one of these (with a padlock at the back, where I can’t reach it)

1 Like

I’ll settle for a slightly thinner fat bastard for the now. If I can get down to 16 stone and hold it there for a few months and then drop it to 15 for the long term I’ll be a happy bunny. Luckily I kept all of my smaller clothes, so will soon be dressed in ten year old fashion statements.

4 Likes

Was @crimsondonkey evangelizing on the weekend?

If you mean talking shit to an audience who took great pleasure in taking the piss then yes.

6 Likes

He’s talking about dieting advice, not your vinyl session :wink:

1 Like

Yeah different topic, same fucking response :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

With a pooch as a ready made exercise machine, you’ll get there.

Managed 8 pushups with my son on my back. He’s 25kg, and pushup equivalent to 64% of bodyweight so I make that approximately equivalent to lifting my bodyweight (at 65kg). Is that any good?

1 Like

I bloody hope so. Day one was painless enough and just enjoyed a plate load of stir fry veg and a wholemeal pita. Smoked bacon, grilled Tom’s and a
Poached egg await for breakfast.

First snack free day ticked off :grinning:

7 Likes

'Tis dull as fuck to do, but I recommend toting up calories on MyFitnessPal, at least for a while- and weighing food.

Following the advice from @crimsondonkey on the extent to cut calories give to @Adpully seems like a good idea too

Protein at breakfast definitely good. Soup works really well for me. I wouldn’t restrict carbs too much (or fat).

1 Like

Go for it Bob from a total random person on here. From the few words I have read you seem determined. As Wayne says start a bit of gentle exercise as the endorphins give you a lift. Bon chance.

Sounds great. Put it this way - you couldn’t do that 6 months ago could you?!

Nope. 6 months ago I struggled to do one push up, which is kinda crazy. Also slightly worrying…i think everyone should probably be able to manage one push up :stuck_out_tongue:

The particularly impressive thing to me is that it’s taken less than 5 mins of my day, just consistency.

Also, up until now it’s just been straight unweighted push ups but it’s clearly increased my strength beyond that load

It’s extrapolating a lot, and presuming that my son was placed on my back so I was lifting his entire weight, but if you put 8x66kg into a 1 rep max calculator that works out as 83kg, or 1.27x my bodyweight which is apparently a half decent bench press (I admittedly don’t know whether a push up translates as an upside down bench press :stuck_out_tongue:)