Digital is OK

My improved DAC situation has made me begin to think that maybe serious Digital listening is a real possibility.

The big hurdles for me, I think, are physical music ownership and the tactile element I associate with serious listening.

We’ll see.

1 Like

Pretty sure I could go to cd only and probably notice no difference sound wise
But

I like dicking about with decks and records

6 Likes

I am quite happy with phone and headphones when we are away (although I did spend a chunk on the headphones). Like Terry said, I am in this for the music. It is nice to have nice kit, but having a nice record collection/decent access to your favourite flavour of digital is most important.

1 Like

Think that’s what I said :smiley:

1 Like

Yep

For many of us Mike.

Me too.

Digital only here, I’m happy with it. I listen to Qobuz a lot now via Roon and it sounds very good. I think valves help with a digital based system.

I’ve been digi-dicking for a couple of weeks with Amazon HD. My interest is waning but I can see the convenience will be nice at times

Amazon HD seems to be very good SQ

1 Like

I use cds. Lots of them. In preference to streaming if they are at hand.
My cd and dac sound good. But I play records where I can.

Deal with it.

1 Like

That’s told 'em :rofl:

1 Like

Hell yeah.
I’m on a bus. It brings out the worst in me!

I have to say, my new to me Rega DAC has been somewhat of a revelation to me over the course of this evening.

It’s the first stand alone DAC I’ve ever owned, after years of thinking that internal DACs were adequate and the separate ones were a money making exercise.

Anyway, after an evening of CDs and streaming through my v modest Chromecast audio, veils have been lifted etc.

Can’t wait to try feeding some proper hi res stuff through it.

2 Likes

Bringing my shiny new DAC to the next Devon bakeoff

1 Like

I had a loan from Phil Lazarou a few years of a Rega dac. They are very good, enough so that it does make you wonder why bother paying any more.

1 Like

All vinyl, all the time

ali

3 Likes

Digital has always been okay. If you aspire to okay crack on.

I think we should remove the word ‘Audio’ from the forum title.

Faffattoir

9 Likes