DIY Audio General - stuff you're making, tips, advice sought, etc

sounds great though my bedroom TV speakers :slight_smile:

1 Like

Another speaker project for me I was so taken with the Seas mid bass driver I’m using on my PC when some well priced Ca15RLY drivers came up I couldn’t resist - It’s the same mid bass driver as in Edds KattKistas. My tweeter to start with is going to be a Morel MDT30S - Somewhat cheaper than the Hiquphon OW1. I have decided to put them in a 7L cabinet I had around to characterise them to start with. This all meant that I needed to simplify my bass so I have lopped the top bass drivers off for now

3 Likes

Dumbass question…
But what do you do with all the speakers you’ve already built??

They are all around the house. I really enjoy the project aspect of it and trying getting better at cutting wood up and sticking it back together. I don’t really have a need any more. At the moment the idea of a small box speaker that can be used with TV PC or hi fi appeals and I have plenty of wood.

3 Likes

Chapeau :clap::clap::clap:

Any use to you?

https://www.hifiwigwam.com/forum/threads/kr-audio-type-45-matched-pair.107559/

1 Like

As the speakers are nearly ready it’s time for electronics.

I left work yesterday to a 14 band slide graphics in bits. One new faceplate and 14 pots and knobs later and it’s finished.

11 Likes

ALL the knobs

:grinning:

1 Like

It must of been a late one,he’s still not up.
I left him yesterday whilst drilling and milling the holes

2 Likes

Of use to anybody? Decent saving to be had.

A sub bass preamp arrived Wednesday for the reggae sound system

It’s starting to look like a Gary numan gig circa 79

https://youtube.com/shorts/l_UPpXiDTAU?feature=share

2 Likes

Couldn’t see the video Stu?

It’s only a few secs long try you tube sound system uploaded today in filters

Tease

Works fine for me.

Maybe because its set to private?

It was set to private

:+1:

5 Likes

I’ve finally got round to measuring my ATC PA75-314 out of the castle sub since its rebuild, seems a bit of waste in a basic ~35 Litre sealed cabinet (with I imagine a load of EQ). With such a low Qts, is some sort of horn/tapped horn a good idea for the new house?

This is sort of DIY and didn’t know where else to put it. This guy put a lot of effort into making this.

1 Like

Quick question for @coco san: do you faff with PP smoothing capacitors in the BTJ product line? Am feeling the need to tweak stuff and the boggo axial electrolytics in the PSU could be a candidate.