Velvet Vortex ultrasonic vinyl cleaner

Record shop by me are still keen I think. They talked about putting it prominent in the shop with your contact details, last time I went in.

1 Like

That would be good, they have not contacted me yet, happy to sort one out for them when they are ready.

I think itā€™s because theyā€™ve got a lot on with extending the shop and installing two jukeboxes and other little projects. Iā€™ll give him a nudge next time Iā€™m in.

2 Likes

:+1::+1::+1::+1::+1:

Hi all, this is my first post on Audio Abattoir. Several people on another forum recommended the Velvet Vortex - @Spider are you still supplying them? It would be great to know the price, though I canā€™t seem to PM you - perhaps because Iā€™m new?

3 Likes

Just sent you a PM
Thanks for your interest in the Velvet Vortex

Thatā€™s got to be music to your ears Tim. Looks like youā€™re doing a great job. :+1:

2 Likes

Thanks
Feedback has been brilliant, it does work really well and at a reasonable cost. Its nice that so many people are recommending it.
Itā€™s nice when I hear good feedback.
I just made a new one for @BobC because his friend from Holland visited him and was so impressed with the Velvet Vortex he insisted on taking it home to Holland with him so Bob had to buy another one from me. It is nice to hear stories like that.

17 Likes

Picked up from Tim at the weekend, raring to go, any suggestions on mix for the fluid?
Got wetting agent and distilled water, just about to order some alcohol (not Jim Beam)

Jim Beam is not alcohol

I bought the alcohol from lucemill_solutions. I bought a 5 litre tub.

The mix I use
5 litre de-ionised water (I cannot get distilled easily)
200ml alcohol
15ml wetting agent
If the records are particularly dirty I add 25 ml of Lā€™Art de Sol.

1 Like

I joined the club too, Asda have 2.5ltr bottles of de-ionised water on offer for Ā£1.

1 Like

thanks both, will give that a go

Think I read somewhere that the cheapest place to buy de-ionised water is from aquarium / tropical fish supplies. Not sure if thatā€™s true, but may be worth a look

1 Like

99.9% isopropyl alcohol
not too much only need 250 ml to 5 litres of distilled water.
15ml wetting agent
Job done
Have fun Spencer, great to meet you at the weekend.

1 Like

Warm another one up and ready for end of April please?
About time I finally sorted it. Iā€™ll message you about it soon to formalise.
Cheers.

2 Likes

Luckily I just went there as Iā€™ve run out

Even better was finding these for 75p

3 Likes

Wot no cuntry slices?

Forgot to look,was so excited by the price

Thought youā€™d maybe eaten them all. :wink: