Doggos

This lump gave me a scare this morning. Took her out at 8.30am before the heat picked up, and she had a lovely bound around the common.

She was playing chase with 2 St Bernard pups in the shade of the woods and I cut this short as it looked like she was getting too warmed up. So we headed back to the car and about 50 yards from the exit she suddenly collapsed on the sand and starting panting really vigorously and wouldn’t move. I’d packed water and a bowl in the car so after failing to rouse her had to lift her up over my shoulder and carry her back.

After gulping this down she still looked like she was struggling again so i picked her up again and carried her the 80 yards or down a little path down to Hillditch Pool. In she went and I’d never seen her wade in so deep! She never swims but today she went right in and I waded in with her.

There was a lovely blissful moment when we were both in the pool enjoying the coolness of the water whilst sunlight glittered on the water, and Saffy smiled at me seeming to enjoy the same experience and the feeling of just being there.

I splashed her and that was enough to remind her that she’s not that keen on being in the water so she galloped out and waited for me by the edge of the pool.

We trudged back up the path soaking wet but nice and cool and she seemed back to normal oblivious to how much she’d given me a scare. Stupid hound.

20 Likes

I just hope somebody went into the shop and bought one for the dog. I know I would have.

5 Likes

Cool enough for a walk?

8 Likes
9 Likes

Impressed more by the throw tbh!

Well yes, the throw was amazing but doesn’t that just makes the dog catching it more so?

Dogs find that kind of thing easy!

I bought Buddy a cooling mat for his birthday yesterday. He seems to like it.

13 Likes

Someone has nicked my seat….

9 Likes

Someone is challenging the whole concept of ‘your seat’. If you’re not careful it won’t stop there either …

2 Likes

7 Likes

Come on Dad, it’s stopped raining. Time for another walk.

17 Likes

I wish it would rain here in Suffolk as I’m currently irrigating trees as they are showing signs of drought stress.

1 Like

The rain was Biblical here this morning, eased off this afternoon and finally stopped. Managed 2 walks with them, just 2 more to go.

I think I can stop checking the wood store to see if I have enough timber for an Ark.

4 Likes

I sometimes wonder if summer rain here in S Oxon is a thing of the past …

We could certainly do with some :unamused:

Golf course today was brown (apart from the tees and greens which have irrigation systems.)
There is also a smoking ban on the course.

Got soaked this afternoon pulling up Himalayan balsam in a local nature reserve.

Does it have it’s own borehole/well Kev ?

Not sure about this club,I have only been a member for just over a year, but my last club also on the South Downs had it’s own bore hole.
They had a drill bit in the bar which hardly anyone ever guessed what it was.