Doggos

Sister’s dog, Barney - 7 yr old bernese/collie cross, who hasn’t developed beyond puppyhood - joining in the audience applause at the outdoor Shakespeare by Talkin Tarn last night.

The strolling players are on the way home from Edinburgh.

New photo by B 2T

New photo by B 2T

12 Likes

9 Likes

^^^ Oh err, what have I done now?

Apparently today is National Dog Day, so I make no apology for posting yet another picture of our girls, Maddie and Hildur

Taken a couple of weeks ago

13 Likes

11 Likes

Food, or walkies?

Food, walkies they run around like idiots.

Zak’s taking it easy as its a bank holiday :roll_eyes:

9 Likes

Need your opinions please. Lou thinks Maddie (4 years old in October) is too thin but I think she’s just very fit.

Who’s right?

Taken today on our walk

3 Likes

Looks about right to me Paul, our vet says Zak needs to lose weight.

1 Like

Perfect I’d say.

1 Like

Looks pretty good to me. If you can feel her ribs under a small soft level of tissue then I’ve always thought that was perfect, and the vet agrees.

2 Likes

Looks in very good nick to me!

1 Like

Looks great to me for a fit hound.

1 Like

Thanks guys. I’m reassured.

She passes that test :+1:

The both have fantastic diets and a very active life, outdoors most of the day when it’s fine and regular walks. Playing ball with them can last hours with no sign of either of them flagging.

Hildur (2 years old) is just built like a prizefighter, no worries with her

4 Likes

Looks spot on to me Paul.

One of the things I really hate seeing is a fat dog, it’s always, always the fault of the owner and so easily prevented.

3 Likes

Me too. It’s surely only a question of diet v exercise

I guess it also can have something to do with the breed. Some breeds are pretty sedentary, unlike hyperactive Springers.

She really looks in the prime of health. NOT TOO SKINNY!!

1 Like

Jesus, look at those pecs! I bet she’s a mega swimmer?

1 Like

Honestly Rob, you just can’t wear her out. On the go from first thing until after dinner when they come in and sit with us. She’s solid muscle and yes, she’s a great swimmer. The stone walls around our front garden are 4’ high and she jumps up on to the top of them from a standing position.

1 Like