Doggos

1 Like

Our Jack Russells are getting on and need relatively short walks nowadays. I live in absolute dread of the boy shuffling off (he’s 15) as Hel is utterly devoted to him.

Quite often I come home and he’s spark out and looks like he’s gone, I’ve had several panic moments until the daft bugger rouses from his slumber and looks bemused as I hold him like he’s just passed away, the bugger.

We’re now looking for another dog to introduce so that Hel might not fully collapse into despair when Zero goes. A long legged hound with a long range for walking.

I’m sure all you other doggo owners have been through the same.

10 Likes

A Setter of any description, if you can cope with a certain amount of lunacy.

An ESS will walk you off your legs, then want to go again. You will never outlast one in a stamina contest.

They are loyal, loving and great company, however I would never leave one alone all day if you are both at work.

3 Likes

Lurchers & Greyhounds are great for long walks and just switch off when there is nothing happening so not always on alert like Jack Russells’s are.

We have 3 Parsons and they are full on nuts, just like Jack Russells.

Might have some spare…:wink:

If you can manage the hours of walks (min 2 hours a day and counting, 7 planned tomorrow) and the endless need to stimulate them then you cannot beat a Collie.

2 Likes

Hahaha, this is just like the ‘what xxxx should I buy’ in the hifi section. Everyone recommending what they have and the OP getting what he already knows he’s gonna get.

:grin:

8 Likes

Or a German pointer, Hungarian vizsla, Weimaraner etc.

But if you both work and are going to be leaving the dogs alone for more than a few hours on a regular basis then maybe get a cat instead.:roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Seriously, this.

Nothing more to add.

2 Likes

Ruby got a new toy today.

It used to be a duck type thingy, supposedly “ruff ‘n’ tuff”

Took her about 15 minutes to completely eviscerate and decapitate it.

8 Likes

So true!

Hel already has her eyes on a youngish rescue dog, probably a trailhound, lurcher or pointer.

5 Likes

Ruff n Tuff my arse! We got a similar one for Sheila the Wonder Dog. It was leaking filling within 30 seconds.

1 Like

Oh, the fluff n stuff range, I’m sure mans best friend sees it as a gauntlet thrown down to defeat. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Roden and Hilbrae Dog rescue are out our way and pretty near to you. They are both very good.

1 Like

Abby highly recommends hibernating in the depths of winter - sensible girl

9 Likes

Curtis after a muddy walk with his mate Toby

12 Likes

Gives you an idea how big the Toby is…

11 Likes

Which one is Toby?

6 Likes