Donald Trump finally announced as some massive in-joke (Part 2)

It’s what the Russians do best.
Destabilise. Repeat.

It just keeps us weak so they can grow more strong. There is no ultimate end game beyond sucking out our time, money and patience.

Less time spent on looking at them.

True, and the West does the same to them. The Great Game.

We just have to hope that no-one does press the button - and that could come from either side (likely in an escalation from a minor power doing so).

Don’t think they will.
The Oligarchs and leaders have too much money and too little principle compared to the old guard.

They don’t want to die!

I’ve been following the live impeachment process on my tablet. Trumps defence team are as useless as Trump, I doubt that I’ve ever heard such farmyard before, he’ll still get off though. The evidence presented is overwhelming, Republican survival before justice methinks.

2 Likes

I haven’t been following it as closely as that but surely the Democrats’ lawyers should have been pushing hardest on the idea Trump created (without any evidence) that the election had been stolen. That’s what illegitimately enraged his base & the protesters who stormed the Capitol. Not that he used words like Fight. Most of the mob leaders ie the Proud Boys etc weren’t even listening to the speech but were already up at the Capitol building whilst he was on the stage giving his speech.

1 Like

That’s the narrative the Democrats have put forward, that January 06 was the result of months/years of cult-like programming by Trump and his allies. The Republicans have focused on one speech (the January 06 rally) and procedure (you can’t impeach an ex-president)

1 Like

They did.
They started with the narrative that Trump started in May when he realised postal ballots could be a problem for him.
He said then that the only way he could lose the election was through fraud, that was 6 months before the election

1 Like

No quick ending that the Trump team/Republicans wanted today. Witness(es) to be called

7 Likes

57-43.

Not that surprising. Bit sad.

Not surprising, but 14% of Republican Senators publicly think Trump is a cunt.
There will be plenty of others who think that but have no regard for truth or principles or integrity.

1 Like

I love this Twitter account.

3 Likes

There we have it, not the last we’ll hear of the cunt.

1 Like

Predictable, but still disgraceful.

Down to the criminal courts now, New York DA office has been chomping at the bit for years now, let’s see what they’ve got.

7 Likes

This.

Most Republican senators just failed their integrity test. I just hope enough of Trump’s misdeeds are exposed widely and clearly enough that they actually reap what they have sowed, otherwise, America is in for a torrid few years, to say nothing of the further damage more trumpism will do if not checked.

5 Likes

No shame in their game. Totally morally bankrupt.

2 Likes

… so, God Save America

As Trump’s business model is to screw everybody, during his tenure as president he turned the USA into a shithole country. Seemingly, a lot of people think that’s great.

1 Like

The impeachment was a forgone conclusion, 17 Republican Senators were never going to vote to impeach.
The Turtle wants Trump gone, that’s obvious, he just wants the criminal justice system to do the dirty work so Republicans can try to appear unified. Not all 74 million people that voted for Trump are racists or insane conspiracy theorists, they’re going to vote for any candidate with an R after his/her name. The hardcore, rally attending Trump base will likely never vote again for anyone (barring some Trump seeking future office).
The FBI is still investigating January 6, there are still criminal and civil cases awaiting citizen Trump, and if anyone has interest in prosecuting there could still be criminal charges for obstruction of justice in the Mueller investigation. As McConnell said “Donald Trump hasn’t ‘got away’ with anything yet”.

2 Likes

That’s why Democrats pursued an impeachment that had no chance of succeeding, to get Republicans to go on record voting to support Trump.
2022 Mid-Terms are going to be war.

5 Likes

As a person I dislike him, as a President he did more harm to America on the world stage. I just hope that a lawful process will be his undoing in the future, before he can inflict more harm.

3 Likes