Donald Trump finally announced as some massive in-joke (Part 1)

Raised on dripping, my old man used to make bread and dripping after every roast dinner.

1 Like

Fried bread done in beef dripping

1 Like

Old? I had bread and beef dripping as a kid as well (on toast not plain bread though)

1 Like

Me too.

1 Like

Anything fried in beef dripping mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

1 Like

When we have them, which is only about once every 3-4 weeks, we still make our chips in a traditional chip pan and use beef dripping. Nothing comes close.

3 Likes

How Middle Class of you.

2 Likes

Used to toast the bread because it was stale, my parents were massively skint in the 70’s

The other one I remember was pigs cheeks (nice) and my mum used to make brawn from what was left over plus trotters.

Lambs hearts were my favourite though.

3 Likes

How offal photo 19-2-eck25-1.gif

I’m not that old and I still got beef dripping on toast as a kid. Mostly from my grandmother.

Annoyingly the French trim the fat heavily off roasting joints, so we don’t tend to be able to make it ourselves. Thankfully pork rillettes works rather well as an alternative.

I still eat lambs hearts now, love em!

Getting harder to find now though.

It would be better if the rabbit was POTUS.

Yep, stuffed :heart_eyes:

I love dripping too (can you tell?) especially the dark jelly bit underneath :yum:

2 Likes

Liver and bacon mmmmmmm!

3 Likes

Oh yes :heart_eyes:

The French love their offal. I draw the line at andouillette though.The first time I went to the Le Mans 24 (bikes of course) with some mates, we saw these big bangers on a griddle at one on the food stalls, so we all ordered one. :weary:

1 Like

Fatal Error! Andouillette is revolting stuff.

1 Like

fxt because heathens.

1 Like

:flushed: Arghhhh, my bruv likes eating pig intestines…:grimacing:

Truth is I’ll eat anything…once.
I have no psychological barrier to trying ANY food. If I try and I don’t like it, fair enough I probably won’t eat it again.

I just happen to love offal in all it’s forms.

2 Likes

Even that which smells like a trump?

(Thread back on topic…)