Donald Trump finally announced as some massive in-joke (Part 1)

Don’t think a president has ever been impeached, certainly not this century. It’s something that scares the crap out of washington and they will avoid it at all costs, even to the extent of letting Nixon resign rather than impeaching him

1 Like

Full details on the impeachment process here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impeachment_in_the_United_States

I stand erected, thank you sir

2 Likes

I think that’s kinda what I meant. But I writ it much wrongly.

I’m amazed that Nixon wasn’t impeached.

Nixon was still remarkably popular with voters, even after the mountain of evidence against him was produced. Rather than tear the country apart, the Senate gave him the resignation option.

That is shocking. More shocking is that this is the base that the Republicans are appealing to.
After several decades of divisive dog whistle politics, they are left scratching their heads as to where the fuck all these dogs came from.

2 Likes

Sadly we have the same problem with the electoral base:

The ERG MPs were all elected last year by people who thought they were the best candidates for the jobs.

VB

Wankers, despite having done a quick google to verify that’s what it says, my interpretation of that Article was not correct:

Trump U-Turn on Russia involvement in election.

He literally contradicts himself completely on timescales measured in hours/days. Not a single word that comes out of his mouth can be believed.

VB

Makes him the perfect modern politician.:pensive:

Go on? Really…actually thinking?

1 Like

But but but but…

WTF

Then why do people keep believing him? We are heading for a very divided world - those who believe Trump and those who know he’s a dangerous, egotistical cunt.

Fuck him. And fuck everything he stands for.

3 Likes

Here’s the quoted remarks.

He feels very strongly that although there was meddling it had no impact on the results.

He feels FFS…

The people who “believe” him don’t care if he is blatantly, obviously lying. What matters to them is that he hates the same things/people they hate.

6 Likes