Donald Trump finally announced as some massive in-joke (Part 1)

I think they’re inextricably linked - spelling that was no mean fucking feat either after a few sherberts :grinning:

2 Likes

4 Likes

I wonder what the reaction to a Novichok incident in the US would be.

Incendiary

“Fake News”, probably.

This voter restriction is going on across the US - very well orchestrated and at such a low level that it won’t even register with most Americans what’s going on until they go to vote in November.

I like this, a rather genteel protest. Succinct but to the point, it’s a shame Mother Theresa didn’t promote this message.

Hotels. Many hotels. Many great hotels. The bestest greatest hotels Russia has ever seen. And golf. Many golf courts will be built in Russia. The biggest, greenest bestest golf pitches Russia has ever seen.

4 Likes

I was watching New York Times columnist Thomas Friedman on CNN the other night and I like his explanation of Trump’s behaviour regarding Putin.
(Paraphrasing) Trump is either beholden to/controlled by Russia, an even bigger ignoramus than anyone suspected, or is such a narcissistic sociopath that he can not view the world in any way except how it effects Donald J. Trump.

1 Like

and

It almost makes one yearn nostalgically for the post WW2 American foreign policy; ie installing dictators, waging illegal wars, invading countries, killing tens or hundreds of thousands of brown skinned, poor civilians & overthrowing democratically elected governments. All the while ramping up tensions with Russia & threatening mutually assured destruction while lining the pockets of Lockheed Martin & Raytheon shareholders. Oh for the good old days.

2 Likes

… and Boeing and Hughes and McDonnell Douglas and United Technologies and Northrop Grumman and GE and General Dynamics and Avco and Bechtel and the list goes on …

They did waste proper money on some truly remarkable tech though.

VB

1 Like

It is odd, isn’t it. One always suspected/knew that political leadership combined with the Military Industrial Complex didn’t have the best interests of the common man or foreign nations at heart. But at least the leaders could string a coherent sentence together and display better impulse control than a meerkat on amphetamines…

3 Likes

I know I will be shat on, I take particular exception to being shat on by a buffoon

2 Likes

Amongst all the indignation over the ruskies and it’s behaviour it’s easy to forget, and important to remember, that the yanks did these things and more. Particularly in South America.

Indeed it’s a tragedy that a clever & principled candidate didn’t make it to the last election, win it & then start shaking things up. Instead an utter cunt got elected & from a geopolitical standpoint we don’t know whether to laugh or cry. Both responses are appropriate.

2 Likes

Michael Cohen recorded Trump discussing payment to Playboy model – report

:grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:

1 Like

Trump’s threats to slap tariffs on all Chinese exports to the USA, coupled with recent rhetoric about interfering with the value of the USD are, quite frankly, frightening. This policy is lunacy, plain and simple.

2 Likes

I’m pretty naive about this sort of stuff. But it’s only recently that China entered the Capitalist arena and they still have an electoral system that gives their government total control of their population.

So if they just said, bring it on. We will buy nothing from USA and sell nothing to you. Close down all their business in the USA, and the USA businesses in China, use their large cash reserve to support their people and mothball businesses as required and call in all the debts from the USA and any country that continues to deal with USA.

Which market would last longer?

As I said, I’m naive but shoot me down.

Steve Earle made some interesting comments at a gig the other night.
He didn’t go on about politics all night (he is writing that album).

What he did say was that a lot of Democrats have a big responsibility for Trump getting elected.
it is I think difficult for us to understand just how much Hilary Clinton was disliked by both sides of the electorate.
Steve Earle said that a lot of Democrats really supported Bernie Sanders and when he lost the nomination they supported Clinton with a heavy heart. Once the Pussy Grabbing made the headlines a lot of people thought Trump was toast and as they really didn’t like Clinton didn’t come out to vote.