Donald Trump finally announced as some massive in-joke (Part 1)

This is an interesting article from 2004 about the rise of the Christian right

http://www.theocracywatch.org/chris_hedges_nov24_04.htm

1 Like

Chris Hedges is always worth reading.

I see Brazil have just elected their very own Trump and guess who helped advise him - Steve Bannon surprise surprise.

This guy is malignant

Now we see why Trump thought he would be more useful outside the white House - he is Trump’s Rudolph Hess. Let’s just hope he ends up with the same fate.

2 Likes

Sadly Brazil has just elected their own Trump. I don’t understand why anyone would be attracted to right wing politics? Do they think there’s something in it for them?

1 Like

I get the impression he’s a good deal more extreme than Trump. Misogynistic, huge faith in the military, anti gay etc.

Just the sort of person we’d do business with.

Liam Fox will be over there like a shot.

3 Likes

He says what all right-wingers say: that they’ll deal with corruption, get the state off your back, put the idle to work and keep the foreigners out.

What actually happens is that they’re as corrupt as anyone, they cut taxes by 10% and what you get in return for them by 50%, when it comes to the ‘idle’ they pick on the easy targets which is to say the genuinely sick and disadvantaged since these are the ones who are too weak to stand up for themselves and when it turns out you’re still poor they blame it on people whose skin colour or first language or religion is different from the majority.

VB

9 Likes

I was talking to my GP this afternoon about not being well enough to go through with a PIP appeal without support. Just trying to get back to previous funding level.

Support is all now offered as time limited interventions.
Which rather ignores that I’ve been sort of coping with this stuff since childhood.

[Might be better moved to Slaughterhouse.]

Read the whole thread - was going to say unbelieveable but it’s entirely believeable.

What the fuck is a Christian Rabbi? Is that actually a thing?

It’s a belter isn’t it.

1 Like

Messianic Jew?

1 Like

Indeed - but when you watch the video he offers prayers to GOP candidates and Pence but nothing about the victims of the Pittsburgh shooting until much later when promted by pence who then basically shoves him off stage.

Vomit inducing.

Pence is clearly a sick fuck.

I fucking hope the turn out in a few days is up. This madness needs breaks

It’s the context of it that is mind-numbing.

This could be an all-time classic and the story is only breaking

Some of the stuff coming up on twitter about this is hilarous - Muller has passed it onto the FBI of course

2 Likes

Was just looking at this. The Wohl’s don’t appear to be the sharpest tools. The website they cooked up to support themselves is also registered in their name.

2 Likes