eBay stuff (Part 2)

Would want to rebuild the case and get the caps away from the heatsinks.

Price up replacement caps before thinking it might be a bargain. And go for high temp rated ones anyway.

If yer in need of a variac or some test equipment for borrows give me a shout. We have lots of that sort of thing.

p.s. if they are a bit shite they would be good for keeping horses warm in the winter.

1 Like

Iā€™ll probably have a bid.

There is nothing unobtanium in the aleph design.

The cost of all the parts excluding the power supply is usually <Ā£100

The power supply looks nice as it has big chokes.

The power supply caps wonā€™t be cheap.

Aleph 2 is 100w per channel with about 300w per channel in heat. They will pull something like 400-500w out of the wall consistently per channel.

My aleph 2 were pulling around 900 Watts combined according to the smart meter.

Fantastic amps, first time Iā€™ve seen a kit version for sale

Forgot, those are the KK pcbs, so half decent.

7 Likes

As long as you only use them in the winter the thermo valves on your rads will compensate for them (OK, electricity ā‰  gas).

Heā€™s been trying to sell this lot for over 2 years now and it still hasnā€™t twigged that heā€™s asking nearly double the going rate for them

I hope he is using AN or Kondo wire for the high quality earthing arrangement on the back of the S8 Sut. If not I might have to offer him Ā£500 to take it off his hands and get it sorted.

Indeed. However, The Facts < The Pisstake.

In the description it says they are working

I think the originals were rated at 300w each. Makes my 300b pseā€™s look Greta friendly.

Quite fancy trying Pass monos, but summat like F5 monos may be the thing.

I have gone a bit Rabski on building stuff. One day maybe.

1 Like

Aleph 5 was 60w, 2 was 100w and 1.2 was 200w.

Unless you mean power draw then itā€™s roughly 3x rated power depending on the bias setting.

1 Like

He is in fantasy land at that price.

Think I might have a go at them, wondering if I can find a couple of those milled ally amp cases from Ali express to fit themā€¦. Or maybe get them made up in granite a lĆ” SECAā€¦

You will have to outbid me :grin:

1 Like

Then Iā€™ll probably lose, because Iā€™m a cheap cunt. If you win Iā€™m happy to collect them for you until you can get up here or arrange a taxi.

2 of these should do it. You might get away with the smaller ones.

1 Like

Only if I remember to bid.

1 Like

You should make some up out of cncā€™d Corian to go with Kat Kistas.

Quite like the fruit box look tbh. I do have a mountain of Corian though.

1 Like