eBay stuff (Part 1)

There is one on eBay with a VDH Grasshopper cartridge that might be a better buy

I got my later SM20/2 for around Ā£3500 about 6 years ago which I thought was good at the time. Ā£2200 for the deck from Definitive and Ā£1300 or so for the arm of a well known member of a few forums. Was very pleased at the time and think both listed are good deals.

It sounded like something single-ended but itā€™s just a click bait for us DHT freaks.

Subtle.

5 Likes

or, indeed, from several streets away

1 Like

Surprised it only goes down to 80Hz!

That be not a Control Oneā€¦

Ah yes, they seem to have managed to grab the system specs for these things:

http://eu.jbl.com/CONTROL+ONE.html

Not quite the same driver I donā€™t thinkā€¦

ā€˜The speaker measures 6.1 inches and it can be easily placed on a desk, bookshelf or mounted on the wall.ā€™

Not Quite!

A bit small for you arenā€™t they?

About to finish and still only Ā£521, blimey!

Ā£821 in the end. Two bidders scrapped it out. The winner might actually have got them for less if heā€™d had enough nerve to save his bid until the last 10-20 seconds of the auction. As it was he put his winning bid in at 01:22 this morning though the auction didnā€™t end until 08:52. The loser bid Ā£531 at 08:50 and would presumably have left that bid in place as long as he was winning. But since the winnerā€™s bid was larger the loser then discovered that he had to raise his. So he went to Ā£561, then Ā£591, then Ā£641, then Ā£701, then Ā£761, then Ā£801 (jeez, he really has no clue what his bid is does he ?) all in the space of 75 seconds before finally dropping out with half a minute to go. I suspect if heā€™d only had 15 seconds he wouldnā€™t have got past the Ā£591 or Ā£641 stage and the winner would now have an extra Ā£150-200 in his pocket.

VB

I suspect a shill bidder with that pattern, to push up the selling price.

Donā€™t you get your shill to put up reserve price as soon as it goes on eBay, like the rest of us :thinking::joy:

Bobs got the buying bit down to a tee but still hasnā€™t quite got his head round the selling part just yet.

That only works if the shill suspects that the non-shill hasnā€™t placed his final bid. If he has then it doesnā€™t matter whether you creep up on him a few pounds at a time or just place one bid for Ā£801. Either youā€™ll outbid him (the risk a shill always takes) or you wonā€™t. If, however, he is also daft and inclined to creep his bids up if pushed, then small increments might ratchet him up. And even if you do outbid him he might reckon that he only has to go up ā€˜a bitā€™ to get the lead back.

VB

Shilling is commonplace What I really wonder at is the newbie who goes at an auction in Ā£5 increments - Iā€™ve had to block at least 5 such penises - They mess up an auction a treat.

I canā€™t work out if I like it in whiteā€¦

1 Like

I donā€™t.

I prefer it.