eBay stuff (Part 1)

I see my joyous joke missed you.

Bit pricey but still a rather nice music centre for the bedroom.

Heā€™s been trying to sell that on ebay for a year now, itā€™s a high price but strange why it hasnā€™t sold yet.

Youā€™ve answered your own question there

1 Like

Snap up a bargain here lads!

A few weeks ago,I bought a Sony PS-6750 on eBay from guy in the Netherlands. It arrived poorly packed, not even double boxed, he had secured the transit screws, removed the headshell and counter weight, but he hadnā€™t secured the arm to the arm rest and, obviously it was flapping in the wind. The main beef was that the dust cover was smashed.
I contacted him to ask how he intended to put things right but he was adamant that it wasnā€™t his responsibility because ā€œhe packed it really well and he packed hundreds of turntables and they never arrived damagedā€ I sent him photos. He responded with ā€œit clearly states in the listing, no returnsā€.
I contacted eBay and they gave him 5 days to send a return label, the time has run out, no label, so I get to keep the TT and eBay have refunded the full 545 Euros.
If he had been reasonable I would have asked him for 100 euros to have a cover made. His loss, expensive lesson hopefully learnt.

8 Likes

Iā€™ve had similar. Iā€™ve always wondered who pays the refundā€¦ him or the bay?

He pays.

A bargain at 700 pounds :grinning: oh my life ā€¦

This has to be a con ā€¦ 2250 bin price ???

Have you never seen those ads before, thereā€™s hundreds of those dodgy ones for hifi kit.

ah , not seen them on the arc amps site . crazy

these are well worth a punt ā€¦ you will be surprised

Great result and all that, but, feckin couriers.

Why are they just biologically, all, incapable of getting it right ?

But you have to make some effort and pack properly, sending a turntable across Europe single boxed and with the perspex cover left attached isnā€™t ever going to work.

Indeed, always the senderā€™s fault. If it gets broken the packaging wasnā€™t adequate.

Iā€™d email him and say the vta is out.

6 Likes

Perspex and couriers are a hateful combo

1 Like

Everyone calm down a bit, Johnnie has of course yet to fit the cartridgeā€¦ :scream:

4 Likes

ftfy, for accuracy reasons