eBay stuff (Part 1)

How rude! Actually now you mention it, the mounting holes in the head shell aren’t slotted, so no adjustment? Strange.

JUSTICE.

Yup. The bloke I bought my gyro off packed it really well. The perspax cover still got cracked. I contacted him and he was great, refunding me a £100. I subsequently it repaired perfectly.

If it’s the original headshell then you adjust mounting distance by loosening an allen bolt under the headshell socket and sliding the whole shell backwards or forwards.

As to lids, there was a chap on the bay fairly recently making bespoke lids for hundreds of different turntable models, including many of the Sonys. I bought one for my Yamaha GT-2000 and it’s superb and a perfect fit.

1 Like

It is the original, thanks, and for the dust cover tip.

£80 in the local charidee shop

1 Like

Did you buy them?

No. The shop was shut and I have no idea what condition they’re in. I could take better photos on Monday if anyone is interested.

looks good vfm for 80 quid tho

sorry to post this from a certain site but he is selling a lovely oto with these an-k speakers and they are pretty rare s/h

1 Like

Jesus wept, what are they made from, cheese? That’s worse than zebrano!

1 Like

The AN bubble has burst, he will struggle to shift the horrible finish Ks.

Is @Ruprecht all over this one?

If it were to end at the current price it would be worth it as a project for a private individual. It will however likely put on some weight by close of auction (Even though collection only can hinder things a little). The issue with so many of the units being put up recently (This is a good example) is that they show signs of being garage / shed / out house / loft stored. When you start seeing heavy rust on the underside you have to masticate the gristly issue of whats going on with the motor? (and the spindle if left un-lubricated)
£££££ can start to magically naff off with ‘bargain of a lifetime units’ - The SME split weight holds about £600 if you can be bothered to break it down and part it out… 00 wire wool and elbow grease not included.

Any idea what model? They may do for my bedroom system…

I’ll pop in this morning and have a look.

1 Like

I need a relatively small floorstander.
My wife can nip in later if they are half decent.

They look absolutely mint. I think the £80 includes the centre channel too.

They’ve been moved out of the window, to the back. It’s the new Dogs’ Trust shop on the square.

4 Likes

No-brainer for someone.

1 Like